Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Beautifying the Trailer

Last week Rebecca suggested that I bring a camera to take a picture of my humble abode here in my trailer and I keep forgetting my camera but I am going to try to remember it tomorrow.

Today there were two vast improvements in the trailer!
1-- Craig's friend sent some daffodils home with him yesterday from her yard. I saw a little mason jar (see I am not that far out of the south) full of flowers on his speaker in his living room and asked where he got them. He told me that they were for me from his friend because she has them in her yard. I emailed her today to thank her. They actually look really good in my "window" sill because they are a really pretty yellow and they are in full bloom and the sky is really blue today. I wish I had a camera because I am afraid they will not look as good tomorrow.
2-- My vegetable garden has begun and it is currently in my office. I went to Lowe's today and after doing some research online, I picked out my veggies. For my (new) region of the country there is still a chance of frost. It is really not cold during the day but it does get chilly at night and Monday I had a little frost on my car...it only took a couple seconds to thaw, but still not good for most plants, so they recommend you start them inside. They have these little greenhouse kits at Lowe's that have pellets in them. You add water and wala, you have a little pot of soil to plant your seeds in. Once they get bigger they will go outside but right now they are in here with me :-) I wonder if the cleaning guy will think that the Corporate lady is growing pot....hmmm, maybe I should put a sign on there. I decided to plant carrots, two kinds of lettuce, peas, snap peas, green beans, peppers, and artichokes. We will see how it goes. I just can't phathom how those little seeds will produce anything...only time will tell.....

Next up for the trailer will be the herb chia pet garden that my mom gave me for xmas...very excited about that one too. Yes, I am a dork.

I am hoping to get out of here at a decent time tonight...last night was one of those 7:15 nights but then a 40 min drive home...yuck!!

No comments: