Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Treats


Here are some little treats that I made for Craig to take to work tomorrow...Ha, get it..they are nests with birdie eggs.

A lot of people have asked what I am doing for the big 3-0 so I thought I would just post it. No real big plans for the night of my birthday. I told Craig that I wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant to get some cheese dip :-) and then we will probably just chill and watch a movie or something. But, today I got an email from Craig with an idea of taking a little 24 hour photo trip around southern Ohio. So, I think that on Saturday we are going to run to Joann's so I can sign up for my class at 50% off and then we are going to go down to Cincinnati and work our way over to Athens, OH. I am not really sure what is along the way, but it seemed like a fun little adventure. When I was looking at the Dayton photography club website last night they were having a scavenger hunt coming up. It sounded like fun so I might do it. You meet in the morning with your team or you can just show up and join a team and then they have all these categories and you get points. I think that most of the members are older but that will be good for me to learn from. Anyway, I think that Craig got the idea from that. Then on Sunday we are going to be aunt and uncle's house for Easter dinner :-) That will probably be a little nuts but maybe I will take the camera with me :-)

Another thing that Craig said last night really got me to thinking. He asked me to bring him a coke or two from my place (I buy them for him) and then said that he was out because he hasn't adjusted yet. I asked him what he meant by that and he said that he hasn't really readjusted his patterns and routines since I moved. I thought about that a little bit and realized that he is right. It has been a little bit of an adjustment. Not at all in a bad way, just different. I started thinking about it and I realized that I haven't been keeping up with my to do list. I lived by that at home and now I have barely opened my calendar since I have been here. Today I decided to start that again and already I feel like I have more control over what I need to do. It just helps me to feel a little more organized. I do have to admit though that it made me smile today when Craig sent me the email about this weekend and his idea and it said "what are we doing this weekend" Ah, a "we", how nice after 3 years!!

Off to replant my green beans...they have grown about 2 inches since I took those pictures last night! It is dark here but I will take some more pictures tomorrow in the light :-)

Zane, if you are reading...I really am trying to get to the photos every day...I know they don't follow the themes though and I will post some soon on flickr.

5 comments:

Mollypants said...

happy birthday!
glad to see you're settling in...

Carrie Davis said...

Love the nests! too cute. Hope you have a splendid birthday.

m said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

The nests look yummy! No link to the recipe or did I just miss it?

Mel said...

Meghan, you didn't miss it....I just sort of made it up from what I remembered reading on a package last year.

You melt butterscotch chips 1 cup at a time. Pour in the pretzels and coat them, then arrange them in nests. Wash your hands again since you will have butterscotch on them and then put the little eggs in there. Not too bad, but a little messy on the fingers to get them arranged. They should really invent wax paper gloves to make it easier :-)

BTW, my birthday is tomorrow :-)

Rebecca said...

Well Happy Birthday tomorrow! That is too funny because I have another friend Melissa (that I've known since 1st grade) and her birthday is tomorrow too! Must be a popular day for Melissas. :)