Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Atlanta visit and sniffles....

I am a little sad today because I am so ready to go home! I don't feel well today at all. My nose has been running all day and if snot had calories then I would definitely be at my max for the week. I thought that I had maybe forgotten to take my Claritin this morning and my allergies were just really acting up but then I came home and took it a couple hours ago and nothing seems to be improving so far. UGH. I really hope that I am not sick. I hate being sick and it is supposed to be 80 and sunny all weekend in Ohio and Craig and I have lots of plans including a garden and a soccer game. I hope that I am not worn out and tired and that is why I am not feeling well, I don't know. I am going to order some butt chinese, as Drena calls it (or maybe Adam) and eat that and just relax tonight and get my editing from last weekend done.

My visit to Atlanta was good because I got to see some of my friends and I got to celebrate my birthday with my family but I have to be honest and say that it wasn't what I thought it would be. I thought that I would be all excited to be back in Atlanta and to see everyone (and I WAS excited to see everyone) but I ended up feeling pretty lonely and it sort of felt like I was in a hotel but not one that I had to pay for. I think that I was lonely because I was used to being in Ohio with Craig and the kitties and when I was in Atlanta I was alone for most of the week nights. I just missed them. I am definitely going to have to learn to drive a stick so I can take Drena up on her offer to let me borrow her car. Craig has a stick and said he would teach me...then he sent me an article that explains how it all works mechanically so I can understand better...what a boy :-)

I had 5 sessions last weekend and they all went pretty well except the one lady who was 30 mins late. I don't really understand her. I emailed her and even politely let her know that I had another session after her and it was really important that she be on time for us to get the whole session in. She said she would be 30 mins early to be safe...yeah, she was 30 mins late. Then her daughter took another 20 mins to warm up and not just stare at me. That is why I schedule an hour...you usually only get 20 good mins out of kids...either the beginning or the end. Oh well, we got a few and I am editing them all this week. I feel like my sales are down a little bit since I moved...not sure why. It isn't like I really saw my clients all the time when I was in Atlanta but I have only had one order from the 9 sessions that I did the weekend before I moved. That is odd when it is a month later :-( At least the one order was a good one.

In other news, I think that my mom, sister and I are going to be in a craft fair in May in the town my sister lives in :-) It is super laid back but hopefully they will like some of our crafts.

3 comments:

Drena said...

just let me know if you have openings when you are here next and we'll keep you from being lonely!! :)

I am going to order....I've been a little slack about it. Sorry! I get super excited when I get the proofs then it takes me forever to decide which ones to order then I get distracted, etc, etc. :)

Mel said...

Thanks!

Yeah, I wasn't referring to you on the not ordering...when I say clients I don't really mean my friends...I mean, technically you are a client but it isn't the same.

Meredith said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!