Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great leg workout...

That would be planting a garden by squatting down for 3 hours one day. My legs are sadly a bit sore. I didn't really think about it when I was doing it but I don't have one of those nice little cushions to sit on (though I might get one) and so I was just squatting down and now I am sore. Last night I went to Craig's and got the rest of the garden planted so now we will see how the seeds do in the garden. When I got home yesterday I got a call from Craig and he sounded like a little kid telling a story. Turns out that a lot of the plants sprouted new leaves overnight. It was really strange. I guess they liked being outside and in the actual sun as opposed to being in my makeshift dining room. We will see what they look like after two full days!

We did have one casualty yesterday. Craig told me that I should plant some sunflowers, so I did. Since he told me this after I had already decided where everything in the garden was going to go and since we ended up buying a fence that was a little smaller than our original garden size (it cut it by about 3ft on each side but it wasn't worth spending another $50 for more fence), I planted them outside the fence. Someone decided that they would be a tasty treat and dug up one of the few that was actually doing decently. I had planted it in its peat pot and whoever it was dug up the entire thing! Plant, pot, and all :-( Oh well, at least the veggies are still in tact right now. We will see how long they last.

Tonight I am breaking out the sewing machine to try my hand at sewing (or retry I guess I should say, since I did know some stuff at one time). We will see how it goes. I also am going by the gym to "activate" my free 3 week membership. I hope there are no funny or stupid stories from that experience but somehow I don't feel like I will be that lucky!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck at the gym - don't fry your brain trying to figure out their way too complicated process! :)

Zane Hollingsworth said...

Kim did the same thing yesterday. She is wrecked sore today from using a shovel and has blisters on her hands. All of that & I'm afraid the rabbits are going to feast on her plants.