Friday, April 10, 2009

Goodbye 20s, Hello 30s

Instead of being sad that I am no longer in my 20s, I have decided to embrace my thirties. Almost everyone that I talk to says that their 30s were there best years so I definitely should have something to look forward too, right? My 20s were good so if 30s is better....I am pretty excited!

Here are some of the things that I did/accomplished in my 20s.

--became legally allowed to drink alcohol
--Graduated from undergrad
--Got a master's degree
--passed the CPA exam
--bought a car brand new on my own (and still have it, what can I say, it is a Honda)
--doubled my salary (I read somewhere when I was still in college that if you graduated when you were 22ish then you should move around in jobs until you had doubled your salary by the time you were 30, not sure why it stuck with me.)
--purchased 4 real estate properties (and still have 3 of them)
--completed 3 marathons
--completed about 5 half marathons
--left the country 5 times (and visited 11 countries)
--started a successful business on my own and actually made a profit the second year in business.
--started a new department at a large company that gets exposure all the way to the top finance guy in the company.
--became an aunt
--moved to a new state (I know this one was close but it was 3 weeks before my birthday).
--attended both of my sister's weddings
--was in 5 weddings of dear friends and got to share their special day with them
--have had 8 friends who became moms (though it seems like more sometimes)
--completed 8 Peachtree Road Races (sad to miss it this year)

I am pretty happy with all of that :-) I am going to fill in more as I think of it. Bring on the 30s!!

1 comment:

Drena said...

that's an awesome list!! Can't wait to see what you accomplish in your thirties.