Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My latest Projects

I have talked about my gardening..don't know if I have skills yet but I have grow some mean starter plants :-) Here is a little picture illustration of what I have been up to lately.
Here is my garden outside at Craig's house. It might not look like much but look at the ground around it. That is what it looked like and I had to get all the weeds out and then turn up the dirt...it measures about 15'x17' :-)



Here is my basil that is from a herb growing kit my mom gave me for Christmas. It said to pour the whole packet of seeds and I only poured on half and it still looks like too much!


My favorite little green bean plant....he just looks like he has a good attitude doesn't he?


This is one of two trays that I have of plants growing. They come with little tops (which you can see in the next photo to create a greenhouse effect. Unfortunately the green beans were getting to tall for the lid so they moved to a new home tonight.

Another green bean plant...they are the fastest to grow. You can see the little stringy things in the foreground...those are salad greens :-)



On to crafts, here are two that I have completed lately:This is a horrible picture of it but I just didn't have time to get a better one but here is a tutu I made. I thought it would be cute for a little UGA girl to play in :-) I have a couple of other colors that I am working on and some with elastic so that you don't have to have the bow.

This is a reusable grocery bag that I crocheted. I put some groceries in it because it looks better that way than it does flat. For some reason I always feel weird taking a Publix bag to Target or Kroger and vice versa. This way I can take it anywhere :-)

The plan is to add these to my Melissa's Knits etsy site and also to a blog with the same name in hopes that people will find them and be interested in buying them :-)

That is my last week in picture form :-)

3 comments:

Drena said...

i'm impressed!

Mel said...

which part..the part that I had time to do this stuff or the fact that I actually said I would post pictures and then did :-)HA!

Wood and Bembry LLC said...

I'm really jealous of your garden and love the shopping bag especially!