Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spin Class

I found a gym...or should I say I just didn't feel like dealing with it so I joined the one I visited yesterday. It is pretty good though..there is a location one exit toward home from me on 75 and there is one that is exactly halfway between Craig and I in Dayton and I can go to either one. They also have classes every week night and a spin class at 9am on Friday and it is all less than $30 a month so I joined.

Today I went to my first spin class and I am not sure what to think. It wasn't that it was horrible...I burned 360 calories in 45 mins but it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. They only have the fans pointing in certain areas (I think cause the regulars turn them toward them, which I think is selfish but whatever) and I had a hot area. I also had a hard time hearing what she was saying and I guess part of it was just getting down her lingo (they all use different words for things). I guess on a scale of 1-10 I would say it was about a 7, where my old class was a 10. I think that I could get it to a 9 though by pushing myself. I was a little nervous because the class was supposed to be 60 mins and my one at home is only 40 with abs at the end so I paced myself through the routine but then come to find out that we started the "cool down" at 6:45 and I was in my car and at the first stop light by 7 (when I thought the class ended). I also thought I heard her say she was a sub...hmmm. I am going to try as many classes as I can at the timeslots I want and then I will make a decision as to which ones to stick with.

For an update on Ms. DG....she emailed me back a couple Sundays ago and said to let her know when I was back in town, so I did and then this Sunday she emailed again to set something up. She said she had had a busy weekend with some friends in town (some DGs) and recruited another DG in the area to come with her so now there will be three of us. That will probably be better because hopefully it will mean no awkward silences. Since she is a school counselor and is dealing with end of the school year stuff right now, we decided to do dinner next Thursday. I will let you all know how it goes.

And for my sewing...no pictures yet but I made a couple little burp cloths (like from scratch, not decorating already made ones, though I want to do that too) and I made Ariyana a little dress tonight. I love it. I can't wait to learn more and to make more stuff!!

That is pretty much it for me...having a hard time staying motivated at work because I am working on that same project that I dread every quarter and it has been so nice outside some days here...plus I want to play with my crafts..only two days to go.

No comments: