Monday, March 16, 2009

Moving....

Today was better than yesterday as far as the being tired factor. I didn't want to get up this morning though and it certainly didn't help that it was pretty dark in my room when I woke up. I have this clock that my sister gave me a while ago for Christmas...it is a great clock but it sets itself by satelite or something and when they changed daylight savings the clock didn't get the memo...weird because I have unplugged it and the replugged it in and it will go through all the numbers and land on the right time, all except for the hour. So, for two weeks around daylight savings I have a clock that has the wrong time and right now it is an hour early. This morning when I got up it was so dark in my room that I had to do a double take on the time and then with sleepy eyes wander out to my kitchen to recheck that clock....yep 7:25..crap, time to get up!

The move seems to be going ok. I got most of my clothes packed up last night...all except for the pants. I decided to leave some of my "work" clothes here. I figured that it would make it easier if I could travel sometimes without luggage and I don't wear them out so I couldn't think of a good reason not to leave them. That helped with the packing a little bit. I think that the only major thing that I have left is to clean out all the papers and mail and then to pack up my bookshelf. I have other things that need to be packed but those are the two things that I think will take the longest.

I booked my flight to come back in April already. I had to be extra careful to start in Dayton and go to Atlanta instead of the other way around :-) I was supposed to help pay to fix an extra car my mom and her husband have in exchange for getting to use it while I was in town but now it is pretty ridiculously priced to get it fixed so I will just be using Marta and rides from people :-) At least I can ride Marta to work and walk most places so that works out.

Kind of weird that I have had my last weekend (at least for now) as a resident of Atlanta....so strange. I am really excited though, just wish I could be done with the packing. I am picking up more boxes tonight and hopefully can finish most of it tonight.

5 comments:

Shaye said...

That makes me sad :o(
Even though I haven't seen you in forever...it's nice to know that you are close by!

Rebecca said...

When is actual moving day? I'm guessing it's this week, since you've had your last weekend here. Well, any time you are in town and want to head out for lunch, you know I'll be up for it! Good luck with the move!

Mel said...

Shaye- thanks!!

Rebecca - It is a three day process that starts with only my mom, Dudley and I loading up a truck and then spending the night at Dudley's and then we are driving to Ohio on Saturday and staying at Craig's and then we are unloading on Sunday. I have a feeling that on Monday Ohio will start to feel like a vacation!

Drena said...

You are always welcome to use one of our cars while you are in town. You have to be able to drive a 5 speed so not sure if it will work.

Mel said...

Drena- thanks, you are so sweet!!! I guess that is incentive to learn to drive a stick....Craig has one, maybe he will teach me :-) I know the general idea, but have only tried a couple times and not enough to really be good at it yet.