Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jetlag

Chloe (my cat) has become quite nuts :-) Craig says that she uses his hallways as runways and leaps all over the place. The other night she didn't really let him sleep because she wanted to play. I would have closed my bedroom door but he didn't so she kept him up. She also carries around this one little mouse toy in her mouth like a dog and she will bring it to Craig. If he throws it she will go and retreive it and bring it back to him to throw again. Maybe she has an identity crisis???

I think that I am finally getting over jetlag. I am not sure the best way to go about recovering...I also don't understand why when I was over there I wasn't tired all the time but I am when I come home. Life's mysteries.

Last night I left work around 6pm CST (I am in Slidell, LA) and went back to my hotel. I ordered Chinese food, which was scalding hot, watched Dancing with the Stars and edited pictures. Because I am moving, and I wanted to get some sessions in before I went, I had 3 sessions on Sunday and I have 10 this weekend! WOW, that is a lot for one weekend...literally 9-6 both days. At least I get to see 3 of my favorite and cutest clients (Ella, Emma, and Oliver). Actually, I like all of my clients this weekend, they are all fun. A couple of the sessions are outdoors at the park which is a nice change with the weather we have been having. I did one in the park last weekend on Sunday and the park was CROWDED. There were a million people there. I did it at noon (which is the worst time for the sun so we found some good shade) and I thought that it would be less crowded because of church but I guess everyone went to the early service so they could enjoy the weather. The little boy was super cute and the pictures turned out well so that made me happy. Sometimes I get more worried with the natural light photography because I can't control all the light so I am always relieved when they turn out well. I am going to finish up the editing tonight but I did all the hard parts last night and then I am going to work on my travel blog about Greece and try to get some pictures up....we will see. Would it be so bad if I ordered Chinese again? I have to either get on the highway and drive to eat somewhere else or walk across the parking lot...hmmmm, maybe not two nights in a row.

3 comments:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

One of our cats steals socks and carries them all over the house in his mouth. Another likes to push things off of tables onto our dogs. Cats are great.

I've been having some good luck using different types of reflectors in natural light shots. Sometimes I use newspapers, or copy paper for macro shots, and I occasionally get out my large disc reflector. Using the gold material on it placed below the subject for some warm fill looks nice. I'd hate to try to shoot at noon though.

Rebecca said...

We had a cat that we swore was a dog trapped in a cat's body - he would also fetch.

Good luck with your outdoor sessions this weekend (if I read that right) - I think it's supposed to rain all weekend...(bums me out because we had outdoor photos planned for Saturday as well...guess they'll just be inside the house like last year!)

Mel said...

Oh no, I didn't know it was going to rain..oh well, most of them are not outside so hopefully it will hold off. I won't be surprised if it does rain though because the one is a reshoot from when I told them the time wasn't good and they always throw me for a loop so if something weird didn't happen, it would be the first time.

I think that it is cute the my kitty fetches....