Friday, October 17, 2008

Getting wet and ready for vacation

Today I got annoyed with Delta again...they oversold my flight and since I am just coming home to Atlanta and they were oversold by a lot, I offered to give up my seat. The thing that annoyed me is that they waited until every last person boarded the flight to let me get on. By that time there was no room in the overhead and I had a backpack, plus a bag with two computers in it, wasn't sure what to do. They had me take out my computer and carry them (literally) on and then gate check the computer bag. I didn't think about it when I did it but that bag had all the vouchers for Craig and I for our trip....cause normally it is with me. I just got annoyed because I was trying to be nice and then I get screwed...oh well.

Then I get back to Atlanta and it is raining. I had a later flight than normal on Monday and by the time I got to the airport they had closed the first 3 levels of the parking deck so I had to park on the top and far away. I just knew then that when I came back it would be raining and I was right! Luckily for everyone around me I was wearing a light pink t-shirt and looked like I had been in a wet t-shirt contest.

YAY, the countdown to vacation tomorrow begins...only 16 hours to go until I get on the plane to Vegas. I feel like I have repeated where I was going about 300 times but here it is one more time :-) We are flying into Vegas tomorrow and will get there around lunch time, then we are going to Hoover Dam (yes, we are dorks) and to see the Vegas strip all lit up (I have seen it Craig has not....I spent 3 lonely weeks in Vegas one January). On Sunday we are going to drive to Death Valley National Park while going through Rhyolite Ghosttown to get there. We are spending the night Sunday and Monday in Lone Pine and seeing Mount Whitney while we are there. After our two day there we are going to drive up to Mammoth Lakes (where it was 26 degrees this morning!!) to stay the night on Tuesday after spending some of the day in Yosemite then on Wednesday night we are going to stay at the lodge in Yosemite. After the lodge we are going to drive down to Big Sur and then work our way up the coast to San Francisco on Thursday. Friday and Saturday are going to be in San Francisco and then we fly out of there on Sunday. I am looking forward to it and hope to get a lot of pictures and a lot of rest :-) I probably won't have email or cell or internet for several days while I am in the parks (their websites say no cell service) so I will try to keep track of everything and blog about it all when I get back!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 comment:

Drena said...

Hope you have a great vacation!