Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gross!

My hotel is kind of nasty, not so bad that I want to move to one of the Motel 6 or 8s around but here are a couple things:

--I don't think that my toilet had been cleaned or flushed in quite a while...there was a ring around it like when water sits..I know this because my toilet does it every time I go out of town. I didn't discover this until I was getting ready for bed and didn't feel like moving. I told myself that if they didn't clean it today that I would request to move. They cleaned it and it looks good now.
--The lady at the front desk is missing teeth...and she must smoke at least 3 packs a day. I asked her if she had a menu for the Chinese restaurant that is just next door and she barked no at me. YUCK! She didn't even have a uniform on or any sort of professional clothes.
--I was upset about the weird lighting in my room...I am on the first floor right next to the gym so at least I have done that the last two days but I also thought the light was a little off..sort of flurescent looking. Then I noticed that they used the "green" light bulbs. I forgive them for the nasty lighting...it sure isn't flattering. I keep saying I am going to get them at home but I honestly haven't bought/replaced a light bulb in 2.5 years. Actually I did replace one but it was from a pack that I already had

By the way, I am at a Hampton Inn...Hilton chain, should be nice.

Other fun LA facts:
--NOWHERE here takes Amex....what is wrong with this place? I mean, I know the charge is a little higher but really...this is like RaceTrac and other normal chain places.
--Gas here is $2.77....yes, you read that right!
--I never visited before Hurricane Katrina and I am about 45 mins from NO, but it looks really run down here..both in land people. The people at the auction are normal and really nice but the rest of the people I see around are very suspect. It makes me a little sad.

Glad I can entertain everyone with my travel stories :-) I have been a little MIA lately but not sure why. I hate to think that the only thing interesting I do is sit delayed somewhere, but I guess that is when I like to vent.

Oh, and whoever is referring perverts to my Melissa's Camera site....STOP :-) Just kidding, I know it isn't you guys but luckily I put the control on there where I see comments before they are left because I have had very inappropriate comments lately!!

1 comment:

Zane Hollingsworth said...

I have a good strange NOLA story. A few years ago I was in New Orleans visiting some friends. We met up at a local bar one evening pretty early for a few drinks before we headed out for the night. When we arrived at the bar, there was a dead body in the road in front of the bar. Nobody (locals) seemed to be bothered by this. We went in and had a drink or so & on the way out a police car had arrived & the officer was looking at the dead guy, I figured the police would do whatever it is they do with dead bodies. We went on our way and had a very fun night and returned to the same bar at about 4am (bars was open 24 hours). When we got back to the bar the police car was still parked in front of the dead body, but the officer had left. I asked one of the bartenders why they hadn't removed the body yet & he said "Well, he's already dead & not going anywhere. This is Friday night & lots of people get stabbed and shot tonight so the police are to busy to bother with a dead body. They'll pick him up sooner or later." We came home the next day.