Monday, October 13, 2008

More delays and the worst roads in the US

I am back on the road....it gets to routine when I do it all the time, then I have a little break and I forget how much fun it can be! Today I was reminded. This time it was not Delta's fault but it was most definitely Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport's fault! So, they started that new "Clear" line there this week....which replaced the old medallion line....whatver, that is cool. They moved the medallion line down to the T gate area...and the only reason I go through this line is because on Monday mornings it is much shorter usually. Well, today they screwed up. I walked by the Clear line and no one was in it...Medallion line was backup forever. I was getting emails updating me on the lines (I had a later flight and wasn't sure how that would go so I got the updates sent to me) and they kept saying 10-15 mins for the main line. Had I been able to get out of the Medallion line then I would have gotten in the other line...it took me over 30 mins to get through the line. I think that might be the longest I have waited in line at the Atlanta airport other than the time I had to stand in line when it was backed up to baggage claim. Once I got through security it didn't get any better...there was a line for the escalator!!!!!! What the heck? Then these idiots in front of me were taking their time and all but stopped at the bottom where you had to make a 180 turn to get on the next one down....in case you guys don't know how an escalator works, it KEEPS MOVING, so if you stop the people behind you can't get off...not good. Sidenote: What the HELL is that puke smell in the T terminal? It was there months ago and is still there..seriously?? end sidenote.

I rush to get to my plane right as it is boarding (with no Starbucks so no caffeine). I had time to get a little fruit/cheese pack they were selling at a little cart and when I got on the flight attendant commented that it looked healthy...I said "yeah, but no caffeine"....bless that woman, she brought me coffee a little while later while we were waiting to take off....too bad she didn't know that I HATE black coffee and that airplane coffee is gross anyway, but since she was so nice, I drank it all :-) Then we sat and sat and sat. I hate the rule about if you pull away from the gate then you "leave on time" I sat on the plane for a good hour and 30 mins...I could have had my latte! First we couldn't get out of the little middle part where the planes park, then we had to get all the way to runway 10..no idea where that is, but judging by how long it took, I would say Alpharetta. Then we were like 10 for departure...ugh. Oh well, got in and then drove an hour to the auction. I am in Slidell, Louisiana.....this state has the worst roads ever, made even better by my awesome Chevy Cobalt, and has anyone ever been on I-10 when they were not doing construction? I haven't...including all the treks to GA/FL!

2 comments:

Drena said...

Ahhh, back to travel Melissa! Let story time begin! :)

Glad you made it....eventually.

m said...

Wow. Glad you are back. Been missing your posts!