Thursday, October 2, 2008

I did it!

I outlived the great gas crisis of 2008! Today I had to run to Target to get some things and the QT right by it had gas! Since I was down 9 gallon (only had 4-5 left) I decided to get gas. NO LINE! I pulled right up to the pump in the middle with no problems. I laughed a little to myself because people were still "getting in line" on the end pumps but there was really no need to. I think that they were just so used to it that they did it automatically.

Today was a rough day in some aspects for me. I close on my rental property on Monday and this crazy closing coordinator, Piper, was driving me nuts! She needed me to mail her something yesterday so I did and told her 3 times that I did but she kept sending me emails and saying that if she didn't get it then we wouldn't close on time. Then I decided to get someone to drive me to her to bring her the freakin contract that was coming in the mail that day anyway and after that she still sent out an email that she hadn't gotten it. She was sending it to everyone (including Drena on vacation) and finally I sent her an email saying "if you read below, I said that I am bringing it to you in person right now, please stop emailing everyone and telling them that we will not close on time" To which she responded "oh, I replied before I got your response. Really, cause you responded to the email where I said I was bringing it to you ...whatever. My loan lady and I had a good laugh about it, apparently she had been a pain all along. I just felt bad that Drena had to deal with it on her vacation. Oh well, hopefully it will go well.

My sister told me that they took Ariyana to her doctor's appointment today and she was only 5% for weight for her age but her head was like 75%..does that mean she has a big head? Big head=big brain? She was only 25% or so for her height...guess all the other little ones caught up to her cause she used to be tall for her age. Alyson also told me that the doctor discovered today that my little busy bee has a heart murmur :-( She said that it will probably clear up on its own but they will watch it. I hope it is nothing serious. If you check out Ariyana's World then you will see pictures from her birthday cupcake yesterday. Her real cake is on Sunday but isn't she cute?

I went and got Ariyana's birthday present today! I would tell you all what it is but it will be a surprise for my sister too so I have to wait in case she reads this! I will be sure to post pictures though.

Tomorrow night I am getting together with one of my really good friends from high school.....she is going to head this way and we are going to do dinner and a movie (which used to be our staple Friday/Saturday night in high school). She said that she hasn't been to the theatre in forever and she hasn't seen anything that didn't have Mickey or Sesame Street in forever (she has a 3 and 1 year old...I think that oldest is 3). I love hanging out with people like that because they always think that my single, city life is so glamorous...yeah right! I guess the grass is always greener, but it does make me feel cool sometimes.

No comments: