Wednesday, October 15, 2008

LA Part two...

They are definitely not winning my vote here. I finally found the Starbucks this morning and they were out of Chai Latte mix...what? You can get that stuff at any grocery store...oh well. I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte but it must have more caffeint than my normal latte cause I felt jittery all day.

Today it was hard to work because I am in the old AGM's office and there was a dealer who was in here all day using it as his office...it was hard to work with dealers in and out all day. (today was their sale day so it is when all the dealers come to buy/sell cars). Tonight I am supposed to go to dinner and happy hour with them but I don't really feel like it..not because I don't like them but because I have a few more sessions I want to get edited before I head out on vacation with no computer access for the most part!

I have a confession...I think that this place is just NASTY..all of New Orleans. I don't know if it was like this before Katrina but it just all seems like sub-par living to me. Other than Baton Rouge and the area my friend lives in, I have not been impressed with this state at all. It is rundown, and everything seems like it is falling apart. It might have to do with Katrina so if it does, sorry but I wasn't ever here before Katrina so I have nothing to compare it to. I feel like you can tell the difference between the houses/structures/signs that are down because of the storm and what isn't...plus, where I am was not really hit by the storm. The auction here actually stored cars for people who didn't want theirs damaged so I am thinking that it should look pretty decent around here...or at least you would think. Hmmm...

Tomorrow I am going to visit my friend Rachel that I worked with at Deloitte...she has a new baby (her third and she is only a year older than me) named Georgia...funny since those of you who know Rachel Martin Walters know that she also has a baby named Georgia. What are the chances that I would have two friends named Rachel who both had a baby within a year of each other named Georgia?

The work here is not going that great...I am not sure they were doing stuff right before I got here so there is a chance that December's stuff is messed up (I started in February) which means I might have to come back here..I was sort of looking forward to being at home a little bit...we will see how tomorrow goes.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I haven't been to LA since Katrina, but I do remember the roads being in bad shape. Everything else was pretty normal like... and of course, Bourbon Street just smells... but you're in Slidell right?

Rebecca said...

Do the ads on your blog relate to the content of your posts? I notice they are all about toilet repair & plumbing right now (and yesterday you wrote about the nasty toilet in your room). Other days, the ads are about something else. Is there a connection? (sorry if that's a dumb question!) :)

m said...

Sounds like you are enjoying this trip! Maybe your next place will be better.

Mel said...

Yeah, I think that the ads are picked based on key words in your posts...supposedly to get people who are reading your posts and interested in whatever you are talking about to click on the ads..not sure it works but I can get some pretty funny ones sometimes.