Friday, December 26, 2008

Lazy again

Just for the record, I didn't get any Christmas cards out this year so please don't take me off your Christmas card list if you sent them this year. I promise to send some out next year. I actually got them today :-)

Yesterday was one big whirlwind of driving and visiting. I must say that Craig handled it great. We got up at about 7:30 so we could drive to go and see Ariyana open her presents at 9am at my sister's house. It was fun and she definitely knows how to open them...you have to get her started a little bit but then she is off. My sister and her husband cooked everyone breakfast and we hung out. Next was a 45 min drive to my Dad's house for my presents and watching Ariyana, then another hour to my mom's to get more presents and have dinner and then an hour and a half home so we got home around 11 last night. Craig is super shy (which many of you know) but he has been around my family a bit so he was joking with the boys and making fun of me with the best of them yesterday. I was glad that he had fun. I alway go on and on about my niece but he has only been around her once when she was about 8 months old in July and he didn't see her for that long so this was the first time he was going to be around her a lot. When we were at my sister's she walked over to him and said "eh, eh" and raised her hands....she wanted him to pick her up, but he was a little iffy about it. He had a drink in his hand so he used that as an excuse to not pick her up...but by the end of the day, let's just say that Craig was playing with Ariyana's new toys more than she was....he is such a sucker...like all of us. He set up a couple of her toys for her and she got this little doggie that you pull on a string and his ears and tail flop (highly recommend it if you have kids that are young and can walk). He showed her how to use it and then for the next hour she just did laps around the house....he would go get her if she went too far and pick up the doggie if he tipped over and stuff. It was really cute! He ended the night by throwing a little ball around that she liked to chase. It was fun to see him interact with her. He totally fell into her spell of cuteness. I took a ton of pictures so I will post some later.

I luckily didn't have to return to work today but I am going to take pictures of Natalie Martin and family so I get to see little Case :-) Craig is leaving tomorrow and I am really sad...we had a lot of fun and it seems so much better now that we know I am moving there. I even went out and got some Christmas decorations today in the sales that we can use next year..fun.

The only downside to yesterday and some of today is that my asthma has REALLY been acting up. I don't know what the deal is...it started yesterday at my sister's house but she has a dog and I forgot medicine so I thought that might be it....but then it never really got better. I had to get up about 3 times last night to take my inhaler and without being around a dog, I haven't had that happen in years.....literally! The only thing that has changed is I am on new birth control and I am wondering if that has some effect. Seems weird but it has always been a side effect of mine around that time of the month to have my asthma act up a little so I am really curious if this is the cause...I sort of hope so and I can just switch back, otherwise, I have no idea what the deal is. I hate going to the asthma doctor because he is so extreme about everything and my asthma really doesn't bother me that much anymore.....hmmm.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I will be posting some pictures soon!

2 comments:

Drena said...

just go off the pill and you too can be a mama! :)

Mollypants said...

haha Drena's comment made me spit water out my nose. Trust me, Drena, your baby is cute enough that some of us have considered that! Warning to my I-know-you-do-it-blogstalking-boyfriend: do not worry, I will not do that, I'm fixin' to be uninsured and I'm NOT having a baby while the Dad will be away on deployment!
I didn't send any Christmas cards out either, I figured with all the cute babies and kiddos I'm seeing on the cards I've gotten, no one wants to see my fat little dog in his halloween costume or his santa outfit. 'Specially since he looks all miserable in it.