Monday, December 22, 2008

Vacation

Today is my official day of vacation, although yesterday certainly felt like one too. Saturday I spent all day cleaning and I mean ALL DAY!! The only time I stopped was for 2 hours to go take pictures of Oliver and then again to go get my nails done. Other than that I cleaned. It felt good to get it all done but who knew that you could spend all day doing that in such a tiny place? Craig got here about 7:40 on Saturday night and we left for Carrie and Judd's party at about 8:10. I was pretty proud of him for still going since he had been driving since 11am. The party was lots of fun....I even have a couple of pictures that I will post later. Yesterday we spent all day laying around. Craig sleeps later than I do I got up and got some photography work done while he slept. Turns out that the lady from Friday night really liked the pictures and placed an order so I got those together and then started working on Oliver's pics. It felt nice to get it all done. We watched movies and TV (I watched Cars and thought about Rebecca's son Zachary wanting to be Lightning McQueen). I have been working on this really cute blanket that I am crocheting so I did a lot of that yesterday too. It was just a lazy day. At about 6:30 we decided to go get a movie and some dinner....that was pretty much all we did all day. Today is not looking like much more is going to occur. I had to take my car in early this morning to get some very costly maintenance done and then we have been lounging ever since...actually, Craig is laying next to me snoring right now...he can sleep so much more than I can!! Later we are going to go pick something out for Ariyana for Christmas. I got her some books and clothes but we want to get her a toy and I think that we are going to eat at McKendrick's tonight because I have a gift card to use there. I am pretty sure that after that we will be in a steak and potato coma so it will be more laying around. I will probably have my blanket finished before Christmas at this rate. I have to make 20 octagons and 10 squares. I have 4 squares done so far. I can't just lay around and watch TV all day though so I have to be doing something....hence the crochet project. I will post some pictures when I am done!

Not sure how much I will post coming up (though if Craig takes a nap every day then I can) but I will definitely post some pictures of the first Christimas that Ariyana will remember :-)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

Drena said...

We had Cars on too while we had Shannon (lender friend) over and I too thought of Zachary!! :)