Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Tis the Season

I am exhausted!! Let's see...today I got up at 8, had two clients this mornng (which seems like forever ago now) and then the fun began. I had a ton of stuff that just needed to be cleaned out....and my mom was coming to help me get my tree which meant I needed to clean up everything so that we would have somewhere for the tree to go. This meant cleaning out the stuff I had just laid in a corner in my room, moving my table from the living room to my bedroom (just until after I take pictures of Erin's lovelies tomorrow), taking all the recycling out, moving the chair, moving all my props, and taking the bike upstairs. Whew! The bike proved to be the biggest problem. I have that storage unit upstairs and I wanted to just lock the bike to the "cage" that is my storage..think of a HUGE dog crate...that is what they are like...I fit in it and everything so it is decent sized. I get out the lock I bought months ago when I was going to move it (I am a bit of a procrastinator) but after about 30 mins of trying to figure out how to change the combination I said screw it, we will just stick it IN the unit. It sounds simple now but 30 mins on a lock was quite frustrating at the time!

Finally we were out for errands. I had to go pick up my picture because the show it was in ended and it didn't sell (only 3 did). My mom had never been to the farmer's market so we were going there, then to Target to return stupid lock and some other stuff, then Lowe's for my tree and then home. We we got to Lowe's we found out their trees were 25% off...sweet. I got my real tree for $24!! I guess sometimes it pays to wait! We started to leave and I thought we should go I-20 home because there was so much traffic around Little 5 Points. I didn't think about the fact that I had a TREE on my roof. My mom was getting nervous so I got off the next exit and we proceeded to spend the next 30 mins lost in the ghetto! Finally we ended up at Lakewood and found our way home. When we got home I got all my Christmas stuff out of her car (no storage for it here and she has room) and we get it all inside and open it up....I find part of my tree stand, but not the rest....hmmmm. Then I realize that there is a box missing :-( She called her husband but he couldn't find it so we had to go back out to get the stand and some lights. I have all the important stuff...the only thing in that box was the stand, lights, and the stocking holders (one broke anyway so I don't have a full set anymore). I was glad that nothing major was missing. I am sure we will find the box somewhere. When we got back again we started to put up the tree....the problem was that we only had them cut off a few branches cause my old stand was shallow. This one was not! Of course, I live in a condo and have no tools...so after trying many things we ended up using a kitchen knife to cut off a ton of branches. My tree is now stable! That was another hour and a half process though.

So, here it is 11:30pm and all my tree has is lights...and that is all it is going to have tonight. I still have a lot of cleaning left to do but I am going to do that tomorrow after Erin leaves and after I go shoot the birthday party that I am doing tomorrow. I don't have anything after 12:30 though so at least I can finish all cleaning and decorate tomorrow! Then off to edit....at least it will all be done before Craig gets here.

And, I had dinner with Drena the other night but I couldn't coax Oliver out. Then last night I had a dream about Drena's birthing experience. She had a good one and the funniest moment was when she and Adam were in a parking deck running toward the hospital (no idea why I was there) and her grandma was trying to hand her a camera....except it wasn't a modern camera, it was a huge one that shot 8mm movies. I don't even know if those cameras were huge or not back in the day, but it cracked me up that I would dream that. In the dream I had the task of explaining to Grandma why Drena and Adam didn't have time to get her camera. Talk about random!

Now that I have written a book, I am going to go clean off some of my memory cards for tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

Drena said...

Sounds like a crazy day!! :)