Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Trying to be lazy

I have realized that I am not good at being lazy. I can't just lay around and sleep and watch TV, it makes me antsy. If Craig wasn't here then I might volunteer to go help Drena and Adam with Oliver or something :-) Let's see...here is a rundown of the week so far for me:

Sunday- sat around ALL day and only left the couch to go and get dinner. I watched several movies and started my blanket while Craig napped
Monday- got up and actually took a shower and took my car in to have the timing belt replaced..nothing like spending $750 on your car around the holidays but with Craig here and an easy ride for something that would take all day, it seemed like the best time. Got back and sat on my couch again until about 4:30, went to get Ariyana's toy gift (Craig wanted to help) and then went to dinner at McKendricks...yummy. Back to the couch.
Tuesday - I actually walked to the store (car still in the shop and Craig has a stick) and got breakfast food, came back and cooked, then woke Craig up. Ate and went to get my car, then we played some Wii (Craig sucks at tennis and tries to blame it on the fact that he can play real tennis to which Dudley agreed, I think that it is an excuse) and then we watched a couple movies until we had dinner with Jennifer Dudley and her bf, then back to the couch.

So, in all that time on the couch, I have worked on a couple things. I have been wanting forever to change my website pictures to be more my style as opposed to a couple that I have on there that are the only ones that I had when I first started so I worked on that. I was going through every album and making a list. It is a little hard because I have a lot that I like but they tend to be some of the same kids. Hopefully that will not be an issue. When I get it more updated I will let you guys know and I would love it if you would take a look and let me know what you think.

I also have been thinking a lot about the whole photography business. I was trying to decide what I want to do with it. I want to do it in Ohio but I don't know if I want to start it while I am in my apartment and then have my clients have to learn a new place or not...I am not sure. I also have had several clients here who have asked how often to have pictures done after a year and I really like doing it and since I have to be here once a month for work, here is what I am thinking. I will do my clients here and maybe start it in Ohio too. I think that I could just tell them what weekends I would be here and they could plan around that (or not get any done but most will plan around it). I don't want to stay here every weekend because then what would be the point of moving but I am thinking that if I had to come for work I could stay a day or two. I wouldn't do the volume that I do now (about 4-5 each day per weekend) but it would be nice to still get to watch the kids grow, take pictures of my friends' kids and do the occasional wedding. We will see...just something I was thinking about.

Another thing that I did while sitting around is to start to crochet this blanket. Yes, I am a dork and get a crocheting magazine so I can get the patterns. I have all of the last year's worth :-) I like crocheting so I figured I would try it out...if you guys have anything that you want, just let me know :-) I now have about 7 of the octagons now and need about 20 and about 12 squares so I still have a ways to go. I am sure that I will get a lot done today because our plan today is to lay around and watch movies all day and then open our presents from each other. I have no idea what Craig got me...the last couple years I have gotten jewelry but that is definitely not what I got this year so I am a little confused as to what is might be. We are going to have a busy day tomorrow because we are going to Alyson's to watch Ariyana open her presents, then to my dad's house and then my mom's so we are going to do our presents today. It should be fun but makes for a long day!


Here is a picture of my blanket pieces so far...I haven't done any of the yellow or purple pieces yet. I hope that it turns out well....maybe I will have it all done by the end of the weekend.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't wait to see the blanket! I'm just getting the hang of crocheting... if you have any words of wisdom, please share!

I'm almost finished with my brother's scarf... I'll post a picture when I'm done.

Hope you had a great Christmas yesterday!

Drena said...

I like the colors you are using!

Mel said...

meredith, I don't have any great words of wisdom, but I look forward to seeing the scarf!

Thanks Drena....I am just following the pattern so not sure I can take credit for it :-)