Thursday, December 18, 2008

A season of giving....

This year Morgan, Jennifer and I decided that we were not going to give each other presents, but instead we were each goign to do something for a charity and then just go to dinner and share what it was that we did. Last night we all met at Chow Baby to reveal what it was that we did.

My charity wasn't the normal ones that you hear about at Christmas time but I saw it in a magazine and it just seemed like a fun thing to do so I did it...I like to give where I am actually involved so it seemed like a good fit for me :-)

Morgan's charity was a charity where you can buy "shares" of animals that are then given to people in communities to help them become more self sustaining....I thought that was a really cool idea.

Jennifer's charity is obviously something that helps people locally. She also gave to the Empty Stocking Fund and Toys for Tots :-)

It was sort of fun to do something different this year...especially when this is a year that all the charities are suffering a little bit because everyone is suffering a little bit in general.

I am counting down the day and a half that I have left at work...I am ready for a break...and a piece of Godiva chocolate that is sitting in my boss's office...unfortunately she has her door closed...GRRRRR.

2 comments:

Clh03uga said...

What a great idea!!!! I'm going to steal it with my friends next year! It ALWAYS feels better to give than to receive.

m said...

Great idea!