Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Aprons and Bird Nests

Here are some pictures that I promised. I am sorry that they are crappy but I was sort of running out of light. I am really tired today and just feel a little off. I am hoping it is because I drove 5 hours today since I went to Louisville and back and the allergies here are obnoxious! Apparently they have some sort of different allergens here so I have been miserable this week. I thought it might be the cats but it is definitely not because it lasts all day and I can see stuff flying around in the air. I didn't have to take any medicine last week in Atlanta but I guess the allergies hit later here in D town :-)
Eggs in the basket where my strawberries were...
Mamma bird laying with her eggs! She is not happy when I open the door to water the other plants....
Detail of pockets of apron
Detail of top pocket of apron
Full apron
The apron laying down (took this first and then wanted a better one of the whole thing).

Tomorrow Morgan is coming into town and I am really excited...we have an extremely busy weekend visiting Jimmy in Chicago with Craig :-) It should be a lot of fun and the weather here is gorgeous and is supposed to stay that way!

8 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Wow I'm so impressed. Also..is that one of those watering things you have in your plant? Those look so cool!

Mel said...

Thanks Chelsea...I am addicted to sewing!! It is so much fun to see a finished product. I am working on some UGA stuff now so all the little ones can be ready for the fall :-)

Yep, those are aquaglobes. They are nice because they really do work and you don't have to water every day..you can just check to see when the water is down and then water...plus they are cute. You can get them at Target in the "as see on tv" section with the snuggies :-)

Carrie Davis said...

Love the apron!

Mel said...

Thanks Carrie! I am thinking of doing little mommy/daughter ones, maybe for when Miss Charlotte can help in the kitchen :-)

m said...

Cute apron!

Sara said...

I have been following your blog through Carrie's. I'm Carrie's mom. I had to comment on the apron. I love it and your idea for Mother/Daughter aprons. They are really big with the cottage look. Check out this BEAUTIFUL blog and talented photographer who charmingly uses aprons to decorate:http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/ Daisy Cottage has been featured in many magazines and most recently in Country Sampler magazine. Keep up the lovely work.

Mrs. A

Meredith said...

Love the apron! too cute!

Mel said...

@Sara - Thanks for the link...I was so excited that the apron turned out so well...so excited that I didn't want to get it dirty the other night when I cooked :-) I just love little mommy/daughter stuff and thought the apron would be cute since it seems to be a hit :-)

Thanks everyone for the compliments...if anyone wants an apron, I am always looking for a new project.