Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My latest projects

Since I talked about my sewing class and the craft fair I thought I would show you some of the things that I made. You can also see them here where I am going to add most stuff as I do it (or as I take pictures of it anyway :-) ) Bookmark it to see what my current projects are!
Here is the bag that I made in my sewing class :-)


Here are some burp cloths that I made from scratch..they are two sided and flannel.
Here is a store bought burp cloth that I just added some fabric at the end of to make it cuter :-)


Here is a selection of little pillowcase dresses that I made for different sizes of little girls :-) You can make them for any age from 6 months all the way to older kids (though I think that as you get older they might require a shirt underneath it). These are also popular for little ones to wear as dresses when they are younger and then as shirts as they get older because they are plenty side to even fit me (though very snug on me :-))





Not much else going on with me. I am extremely tired today...the second day is always the worse day for me when I have to get up early to fly in but I guess there are only three more work days this week so not too bad. Last night I went and watched Georgia beat GA Tech at Turner Field with Morgan, her boy and some of her law school friends. Everyone was super nice (and one guy even works on the Cox engagement at Deloitte...small world) and I really liked her boy so that was good. They were very cute together :-)

5 comments:

Drena said...

love them!! Too bad Oliver isn't a girl!!

Mel said...

Thanks, I have some boy burp cloths (not that Oliver needs those) but I am trying to figure out what else I can make for boys....if you have any ideas, let me know and I will attempt it.

Meredith said...

Very cute! You're so talented!!

Lora Lee & Lora Kate's Blog said...

I want to get one of those dresses for Lora Kathryn? How much and where can I purchase?
Lora Lee (lmalcom@armc.org)

Rebecca said...

I love the pillowcase dresses - so cute! Yeah, too bad mine aren't girls too! You could try bibs (even reversible ones maybe??), but that's really for either. Um, yeah, boys are just hard...I guess that's why most clothes stores just throw their hands in the air & focus all their efforts making cute girl clothes. :)