Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nice and Plump....

That is how I feel like I should be described right now. UGH. I finally got my scale to Craig's so I could actually weigh myself (cause I like to do it nakky in the morning to be "accurate") and I did the weighing part and it was not pretty! Pretty much about the most I have ever weighed...WTF? I really thought I was eating healthy here but then I realized that I just started that like in May...and then I went to Atlanta and that sort of went out the window...too many yummy dinner with fun friends. So, here is my list of excuses:
--my clothes still fit (though my tummy probably rolls over the top more than it used to).
--I just moved my scale and everyone knows that can make them inaccurate (right??)
--I just started working out so it is probably muscle that I have built (that is what everyone always says, right).
--I moved to a new city??? Not sure why this should be an excuse but it seems like it is one people use.


Here is what probably actually happened:
--Craig eats out a lot and it makes it easy to be lazy and join him sometimes. I did this for a while without really thinking about what I was eating but have since looked up to see what the healthiest option is at each place.
--I get bored in my trailer and I snack...I need to cut out the carbs and find some healthy snacks from each category.
--Craig loves pasta...enough said.
--We get pizza every Friday night and by the time we get it I am starving and eat too much (again, enough said).
--I haven't been drinking as much water as I used to....

So, I know I have posted a couple times about weight and it isn't that I am obsessed with it or anything but I do worry about the health problems that my parents have (high blood pressure, diabetes). And, there is a difference between wanting to be healthy and becoming anorexic. I am not healthy at this weight so time to work toward that. I thought that if I posted it here and used up all the excuses (and forced myself to write down the things that I know I am doing that aren't good), it would help me. It is not rocket science and I am not going to do some crazy diet...but I do need to stop eating all the crap that I know is not good for me....hopefully it will work :-) I am not sure why I struggle so much with this....I feel like I am the only one who ever worries about this. I know I posted about it before but it just seems like I get off track every time something changes. Craig halfway thinks that I am nuts cause I wanted to move my scale so I could weigh myself.

So, any healthy snacks that might actually have nutritional value in them??

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are definitely not the only one! I'd love some healthy snack options too (ones that don't taste like cardboard or celery!) Good luck!

Carrie Davis said...

You are not the only one. Ohio seems to do that to people - when I worked up there for 5 months a few years ago, I gained a lot of weight. In fact, I had to go buy the next size up of dress pants. Right now I have baby weight off, but I'm still trying to slim down - it's really, really hard. Sorry, this isn't very inspirational is it? You can just do the best you can do and then don't beat yourself up about it. For me, cereal has always been a big help. I just have it for dinner a few nights a week when I want to drop a couple pounds.

m said...

I think everyone worries about weight - at least all those over 18. When I worked at the bank I realized that I was gaining some weight from sitting all day instead of moving around and started getting kids meals from chick-fil-a instead of regular and would just upsize my drink. It was a great option and instead of feeling stuffed I felt satisfied. Also, I know it is pretty basic, but have you thought about fresh fruit and vegetables? Bananas and apples are pretty easy and if you don't want to eat a whole apple you could do a the pre-cut apple slices. You could also do the little fruit cups.

Drena said...

I think about this lots. I don't always do very much about it b/c it sucks. I am not always great at consistency when it comes to this, but I am good in short spurts. Maybe we could do a program together like the Terry twins did. If we make it fun and we have to report on it maybe we can actually do it. :)

It's not like we don't all know what to eat and how to exercise. Doing it is a total different story.

Mel said...

@Drena, That sounds like a great idea. Morgan had the same one. I actually set up a blog because I thought that maybe if I wrote about it all then I would be better about it....I can set you up as an author too and you can do it too or we can just email each other, whatever works for you. Anyone else want to join in? What kind of program did the Terry twins do?

Mollypants said...

I agree with Meghan, everyone worries about it, especially when we're harder on ourselves than anyone else is. I have been working out really hard and everything, but I hate the way I look in a bathing suit. Hate it. I even prefer the way I look NAKED to the way I look in a bathing suit! I'd recommend the weight watchers way - write down EVERYthing you eat, even one bite. As for scales...yeah, they're WAY inaccurate! I say that mine is like scoring Figure Skating...you get 10 scores, throw out the high and the low, average the middle 6 or so. And always suspect that the French score is wrong.