Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A think I made a friend..

HA, making friends is seriously like dating. Here is how this went:

I show up at the gym to try a new 10am class because I am working from home today and there is a girl sitting there on the floor.
Her: Are you taking the muscle pump class?
Me: Yeah, are you?
Her: Yeah, I haven't even taken it before, how is it?
Me: I don't know, I haven't taken it either, I did take another class by this lady and it was good but I just joined this gym recently cause I just moved so I have only taken a couple classes.
Her: I just joined a couple weeks ago too.

Then we go through the whole "what classes do you like, which ones are good, what do you do for a living" thing. She seems to be about my age and is married (who isn't at my age) and her husband is a lawyer and she works in HR at a local college (there are a million here). When we got in the class neither of us knew what we needed so we just hung out and asked and stuff. It was an ok class..not much in the calorie burning department but my legs BURNED. After the class we talked about the class on Saturday and how we might go. She has a ceremony for her husband and isn't sure when it was so she wasn't sure she would make the class but she did say that hopefully we would have another class together. I know this all seems really silly and I feel like I just met some dude that I hope calls, but hey, at least I am talking to people, she seemed nice and it will be someone besides Craig to hang out with. I love him, don't get me wrong but I think that the trailer at work complicates things...there are literally days when the only people I see or talk to all day are Craig and the cats....I don't have anyone at work to talk to and no friends to meet for dinner so I see the people in the cars next to me and then if I go to the store I have that conversation. I am just excited to have a real conversation with someone and the fact that she talked to me and pretty much did just what I have done when waiting for other classes (though no one responded as well) leads me to believe that she could be a fun workout buddy. We will see.....

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Yay for a new friend!!!

You could be like me and only talk to little people all day... (and people wonder why I laugh at corny kid jokes) :)

m said...

Congrats! Funny, but that is how I have felt after meeting people and definitely after meeting our a new "friend couple". I got so excited when he emailed Matt to "ask us out" for dinner! Hope it works out!

Drena said...

u should totally get her digits...

hehe...now that is dating lingo!

m said...

seriously, where are you? I miss your daily posts.