Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home



I am not really sure where home is anymore since I say I am going "home" no matter whether I a going to Atlanta or Dayton.

Yesterday turned out to be a rough day the second half of the day. In the morning I had a session with some of my favorite clients...they are so sweet and easy going and I just love them. After that I went up to Lula to meet my mom and sister at the Railroad Days festival. This was the craft fair that I was making my little dresses and tutus for. Unfortunately it was raining pretty hard for a lot of it and since it was outdoors there were not many people around. It was also not the kind of crowd that would buy the dresses and stuff we had for sale....it was the kind where some kids didn't have shoes on and there were lots of cut off jeans and Nascar shirts :-) We did sell a few things and enough to cover all the costs so that was good. I am completely addicted now though so I plan on making some more stuff and we are going to try a bigger festival in the fall and see how that one goes. I did get to see my little bb...unfortunately she wasn't feeling too stellar...I think that her face says it all...she did perk up once her Tylenol kicked in and we went for a litlte walk around the festival. She got balloons and a little bank from a local bank display.

Then the fun started. I got home and packed up and headed to the airport on Marta...I was grateful that I missed all the rain. Got to the airport and got on my flight. We sat around for what seemed like forever but then we finally took off. Even with the delayed take off we landed on time and I went to get my luggage...except it never came. I went to the Delta counter and she just told me matter of a factly that it would not be in until today...random. I was at the airport an hour and a half before my flight...how did it not make it? It was also a really light bag, filled with ribbon, dresses and tutus. Then I go to leave the airport and to walk to the lot that I parked my car in...which I chose purposefully because I could walk and didn't have to take that blessed shuttle. Nothing bugs me more than damn shuttles. Well, in the 5 days that I was gone they completely closed the sidewalk to my car....covered it with a gate you couldn't get around...awesome. So I had to walk back and get on the darn shuttle and then 20mins later I was finally at my car. I didn't get Craig's until about 1am. UGH. I spent today running errands and it seemed to take forever.

At least Craig did have the idea for me to stop at Cheesecake Factory to get us each a piece of cheesecake with a gift certificate that he got so I have that to look forward to tonight and I have my second sewing class tomorrow...we are going to make an apron. Other than that, sort of a busy week...day trip to Kentucky on Wednesday and then Morgan comes into town on Thursday night! YAY, my first Atlanta visitor. I am excited and we are going to Chicago for the weekend so that should be fun.

1 comment:

m said...

You should think about doing Festival in the Park in September. It is lots of fun and people!