Friday, May 15, 2009

Passports and Nails

So, if you are on facebook you saw my dilemma yesterday. Apparently, even though I looked it up weeks ago and found an article from Feb that said you didn't need one, you will need a passport to go to Canada by land after June 1st. No big deal for me but Craig doesn't have one...and we are going on vacation in exactly 3 weeks from tomorrow and found this out yesterday. He was talking to a girl at work and then looked it up. He saw the article from February that I had seen but then saw that they changed it and it is now required. It was quite stressful yesterday trying to figure out what he could do (other than drive to Chicago in a few weeks) to get one. Finally he was able to get everything together, expediate it and send it off today. They say it takes 2-3 weeks when you expediate it so we have 3 weeks and hopefully it will get here by then. If not we can rearrange our trip a bit so the Canada parts are at the end of the trip. It was a big relief and I am proud of him for getting it all together. Sometimes he isn't good at that stuff and I normally do all the running around for him...it is just how our dynamic works for us but it was great that he could get it all done while I was gone.

On to the nails. I know that a lot of people think getting your nails done is silly but I don't care. I like it. I like my nails to be uniform and pretty and they just aren't without getting them done (I have eczema and it makes them ridgedy (new word). I have not been happy AT ALL with the places I have tried in Ohio...to the point where I just wanted to let these grow out and not get them done anymore...but that made me sad because it is one of the few things that I do for myself. Craig promised me that he would help me by showing me where the good part of town is where I could find a place (I think that he felt bad for me) but one of my nails is about to break (after paying the most I have EVER paid to get my nails done, I am not happy about this...it has been 2 weeks!!) so today I am going to my guy in Atlanta...I have my mom's car so I can go on my way home from work and I am super excited....at least getting them done there will last me a few week instead of a few days and will cost half the price...YAY!!

Craft show tomorrow and then back to Ohio...tonight is dinner with Drena, Erin, Morgan and the boys and then to see Angels and Demons :-) Wish me luck at the craft show!!

1 comment:

m said...

The passport should make it. Matt had to redo his last year at the last minute and it only took a little over a week!