Sunday, May 3, 2009

Days like these...

I guess we all have them but yesterday I didn't feel like was the greatest day for me. It started off pretty good. We were predicted to have rain for the next 7 days, which didn't thrill me because I had errands to run and I hate doing it in the rain, but when I woke up yesterday it was sunny and cool out...perfect. I decided to try a 10am class at the gym (some kind of body sculpting type class where you lift light weights but you repeat for an entire song..I am slightly sore today) and I really liked it. I also really liked the teacher who teaches a step class right afterward and since the body sculpting doesn't really get your heart rate up, I might do both from now on but yesterday I hadn't eaten breakfast so that wasn't going to work. Next, I am feeling good so I decide to go and get my nails done...walk in and there is only one other person there, but there is also only one person working. She tells me that she has called her son so he will be here soon so I wait. He finally gets there like 20mins later and does my toes. Then, he says he is going to do this "5 min manicure" for a girl that walked in after me (and his mom is working on another girl that came in after me) and that he will let my toes dry and be right with me. 30 mins later he is finally ready to do my nails...meanwhile BOTH people who came in after me have come and gone (and this is after I wanted 20 mins for him to begin with). He starts doing the nails and is SUPER slow! Then he asks what is wrong (guess I am looking less than pleased) and I tell him that it is almost 1:00 and I have been here since 11 and my nails are still just being started. He speaks in vietnamese to his mom and then tells me she will do it because she is much faster...ok, whatever. She does it and is done and then tells me to pay...it was $50 for both. Now, I don't know if any of you guys get this done, but a $30 crappy pedicure was not worth it for me. At home I used to go to a really nice place (decorated cute, clean, spa chairs, fast, good) and it was only $36 for what I got done today and I have never once had a problem. This place was just some tables and stuff set up in a white store. I will not be going back. Well, that sort of set my day into a little bit of sadness. Getting my nails done is like the one thing that I do that is just for me and is completely wasted money, so I like to enjoy it. I just haven't found a good place yet. Luckily though in my cleaning yesterday, I did find the card to a place near work that looks a lot like the one at home I used to go to so I might try that next.

Next, Craig had decided that he had a lot do to yesterday and truthfully, I had some stuff I had to get done (still getting some stuff unpacked, getting the kitchen clean, all of that), so it was cool. Then, when I didn't really hear from him all day I started to get sad...not really because I wasn't with him, but more because I didn't have anyone else to call. It was gorgeous out...would have been a nice day for a walk with a friend or to go around to yard sales or any number of things (apparently the weathermen here suck more than normal). It just reminded me about the lack of friends :-( Hopefully the DGs that I am going out with on Thursday will be cool. I did get a lot of crafting done for the upcoming craft fair so I am excited about that. I will take some pictures and post them later. I also got to organize all my crafts so that was good too.

Today I am still waiting for Craig to get up and then who knows what we are going to do. I have been wanting to do a brunch forever at this cute little place downtown but we haven't been able to so I am hoping he will wake up hungry. Also, on the agenda for the day is to learn to drive a stick. I have done the whole parking lot thing but today we are going to take it on the road. I hope I don't stall!!

3 comments:

Drena said...

sorry you had a crappy day yesterday. hopefully better today. stick shift awaits u in ATL!!! :)

Mel said...

Thanks, I am working on the stick shift. It wasn't bad here but Atlanta??? Yikes. We are going to practice some more and I will post about it later :-)

Mollypants said...

I can't believe you never learned how until now - if I'd have known in college, I'd have made you learn on my car in Athens. It's not that hard, just figure out the balance of how to ease off the clutch and onto the gas and you're good ;)