Friday, May 22, 2009

Dayton Police

Got to meet them last night...grr. Morgan and I were driving home from Craig's at about 12:15 and as we were driving down the road I saw lights in my rearview mirror. I thought he was just trying to go around me because I wasn't speeding at all and didn't know what else I could be pulled over for so I pulled into the turning lane to get out of his way. He followed...crap. So, I had to pull down a road on the left side where I already was. I was sure that he would get mad at me about that one but he didn't. Why did he pull me over you ask? Well, that would be because I didn't have my front license plate on...you remember, the one I didn't want to put on and that Craig hasn't had on his car for 14 years and has been pulled over 4 times with no mention of the missing plate? I also said "how would they know? Thy are either in front of you or behind you." Well, that question was answered yesterday...apparently they can see it when they are sitting at a fast food place waiting to pull out and they can see your front and say to themselves "huh, there aren't many Georgia fans around here" and then see that you have an Ohio back plate. Oh well. He was nice about it. I told him that it was in my trunk and I just hadn't been able to get the front one off and I had just moved. He then asked for my license and insurance and since I didn't have my most recent insurance in my car I told him we were not required to have that in GA (which we are but I was betting he wouldn't know that). He didn't seem to care and then took my license, literally walked to his car and walked right back....I don't think that he checked anything. Craig said he was probably looking for drinking and driving since it is a holiday weekend and once I didn't smell like booze he didn't care anymore.

In other news, Craig hurt a ligament in his knee last night at soccer and now might not be able to go to Chicago this weekend. I am not happy about it at all. I know that Morgan and I will still have fun but I really wanted him to go. He doesn't get many opportunities to hang out with my friends so I was excited about this trip and because I knew we would all have fun but now he can barely walk and I don't think that he is going to go....I am really sad. I feel like it will distract me a little bit. Then again, we had a lot planned and it will probably be hard for him to walk around and stuff so maybe it is the best...it just makes me really sad...especially since I was gone all last week and have been pretty busy this week.

So, last night I had my quilting class. I got there at 6:25 and the class was supposed to start at 6:30. Still sitting there with no instructor (but one classmate) at 6:45 I decided to try to figure out what was going on. After about 3 people and no one really knowing anything, I found someone who called the instructor who said she would be there in 15 mins..this is at 6:50. I was not happy. I can't stand when people are late and disrespectful of other people's time...it is one of the hardest thing about my photography business. Then when she got there she was babbling on about nothing in particular. It was pissing my off..chick, you are LATE...by A LOT, stop babbling and let's get to it to make up for the time. UGH! Then even when we were doing it, I just didn't like her. She was one of those people who just talks a lot about nothing and who was super particular about how she does stuff, even if the way you are doing it is fine. I did get all my pieces cut and one thing sewn. She said we should try to sew some more of it while at home and then we will finish it next week so I will try to work on it at home. I am just a little disappointed by her. Oh well.

No comments: