Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Day

Today went by really fast for me! I was working on a project all morning and by the time I looked up it was time for lunch. I left work a little early today to go and pick up the developed roll of medium format film that I dropped off. I am happy to report that my lighting was great on all of them :-) It is weird because pictures with settings that didn't turn out on my digital camera actually turned out with my new camera...the dork that I am did some research and learned the difference in the way the cameras read light and now I know why it is that way. I also learned that with film you have a little bit of leadway for the settings and that is good since the camera is completely manual. I was happy to see that the pictures turned out and I am excited to take it on vacation with Craig and I soon (well, a month). I kind of think that I am going to really love this kind of photography...it is amazing how close the pictures are to what you actually see and they don't need any adjustments..sort of makes the digital ones look cloudy (the outside ones, not the studio ones cause that lighting is spot on).

Still haven't gotten to talk to Craig much cause he is still working on trees with his dad..this is day 4! He is so tired when he calls that we only talk briefly. Tomorrow I leave to go to Halifax. I can't decide if I want to take my camera with me but I don't think that I am going to...I am only going to be there for about 48 hours and I have to share a car so I won't get to go where I want anyway and I will probably have to entertain and stuff. I think that I will just take the point and shoot.

The best part of Halifax? The highs this week are in the upper 50s!!!! It is going to be 30 one night...seriously? In September? Meanwhile, I will probably be sweating on Saturday while I am tailgating!

Not completely out of the funk and still have this stupid yuckiness in my throat...you can't swallow it and you can't cough it up ....it is just there. I did go to the personal trainer today though and I made it through it so I must not be as tired and worn out as I thought. Early flight tomorrow though (read 7:30am). I think that I am going to try something new and see if I can get 8 hours of sleep a night for a while and see if that helps me to feel better.

1 comment:

Drena said...

The leaves should be changing so hopefully it will be pretty! We will be there on Friday for 2 days....barely missed ya. That would've been cool!