Sunday, September 28, 2008

Long few days!

Thursday was another one of those not so fun airplane trips. I let Halifax on time from the gate but then we say on the runway a bit and when we finally took off it caused us to be a bit late getting in. Normally this would be ok but since I only had an hour to connect I was starting to get worried. We had to take a bus from the plane to the terminal..great, more time to wait. We came in to gate 11 and I had to go to 27...you wouldn't think that it would be that far, right...WRONG. It took me 15 mins of walking and moving sidewalks to get there. I didn't get there until they were boarding zone 5....yikes. Got on the plane around 7 and then backed out of the gate and sat on the runway for another 2hrs! We had TVs for I watched that Earl show and then the premiere of the Office. It was pretty good. When I finally landed and hour late (luckily since it is JFK's "international rush hour" they had built an extra hour and a half into our flight) I waited 30 mins for my bag and it never came. Another 10 mins in the baggage line...finally, they are going to deliver my bag to work the next day...awesome, no makeup or phone charger and my phone is almost dead. I don't wear a ton of makeup but pretty much refuse to leave the house without mascara....

Saturday..for UGA fans, need I say more? I was so upset in the first quarter that I couldn't believe my eyes! I had fun the rest of the day until kickoff. AWFUL is the only word to describe it. Then I drove home after the game and got home at 2am. Up at 9am this morning to take pictures. Ella and Emma were first, and I just love how cute they are. They are really starting to get their little personalities! Then I had 4 more for the day with the last one ending at 7:30 tonight..yikes! My 3:00 cancelled because they didn't have gas to get here and back home..not sure what happened...she said they had gas near her house but they didn't get any and then when they got closer to town there was no more gas and they wouldn't have enough to get here and back....

The saddest part of the gas crisis for me is that I am not sure that I will be able to find the gas to get to my sister's on Wednesday to see Ariyana on her actual first birthday! So sad. I hope that the QT on Lindbergh will have some and I can get it there...even though I had to wait 20 mins the other day for it there. I have decided that I am going to run all my errands tomorrow when I was already going to drive to work and then will do Marta the rest of the week.

I am tired and I am going to get some of these pictures done....my hosts' new software sucks so the pictures don't look as good in the previews...they are really pixelated :-( Makes me wonder if any of my clients would be able to see the editing that I do or if I should just wait until I know which ones they order to edit (which would cut down my editing time significantly). It is not like I do that much but I do normally get rid of some of the redness in the baby's faces and that is what takes the longest. If you want to see the little E's ask Erin for the passcode...they are cuties :-)

Oh, and after reading Drena's post, I will NEVER step foot on a Ferry to Nova Scotia!! I was telling Craig about it and he said it was the same way when he went on it...said he didn't puke but he wished that he could have and he spent the whole time at the back of the boat. He said that it takes two days to go around and I said that if we couldn't go around he should just know that I will never be making that particular trip!! Also makes me rethink the whole ferries in Greece thing. There are not many things that I am afraid of but I really think that I am afraid of people puking around me. It gives me chills and shivers and I get all naseous myself and I can't focus on anything else...I imagine that is how some people feel about heights or spiders, for me it is puke...not sure why.

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

Never been on the one to Nova Scotia, but I've been on TONS in Greece - really, you've got nothing to worry about, and you can just buy the next passage on them because Greeks NEVER book ferries ahead of time. I only had ONE choppy ferry there and absolutely no one puked. The one Drena was on had a swell affecting it - they're the well, "swell" of the ocean before a huge storm. It's why you see surfers out in droves - big waves! There's no tropical storms on the meditterranean ;)

Rebecca said...

I can't imagine why puke would gross you out! :) Actually - I don't blame you. Someone puked RIGHT next to our car on Saturday in Athens, and I almost puked myself when I saw it (of course it was on my side of the car too...)