Monday, September 29, 2008

Gas Crisis 2008...seriously?

This has gotten ridiculous! I don't understand why people want to run to the pump to get gas when they are down 3 gallons but it is driving me nuts. If people weren't doing that then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. I was hoping to go see my little busy bee on her birthday on Wednesday but sadly I don't think that I have enough gas to get there and back...I passed several gas stations on my way home and none of them had gas. I got sad that I could't see her and called my sister to tell her...then another thought creeped in.....her birthday party is on Saturday and I don't have enough to get there and back. I am hoping that this stuff ends soon. I am planning on riding marta the rest of the week to work but not sure how I will get some more gas. My sister says there is some up near her so hopefully I will be able to get some there...she said that they didn't even wait in line this morning.

In other news, I can finally see an improvement in my strength at the gym. Today I had to do this one exercise that used to have me resting constantly and sweating A LOT but today I was able to really do it without much effort. I was also able to do three sets of 15 pushups all in a row (yes, I am a wuss and usually not able to do that). I can't say that I see a difference in the clothes fitting yet, but at least I am getting stronger.

Working on getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night for a few nights to see how I feel..I just hate mornings and I am wondering if it is because I don't sleep enough. We will see how it works out and if I am even able to do it....

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

They (AAA) are saying it's probably going to be Columbus Day (10/13) before all this gas crap is over. UGH!! I do know what you mean about filling up when you are only down 3 gallons. That's a bit crazy. But I have found myself frantically searching for gas once I go below half a tank, just because it may take half a tank just to find some. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Mel said...

yeah, I am in the same boat....I usually let it get to E but I can't now because I need gas to find gas...geez!