Monday, September 15, 2008

Long Time

It has been a long time for me not to post.....

I was in NJ with granny for Wednesday-Friday. Famous quotes from granny:
"Pasta two nights in a row? You aren't going to fit in your dress for the wedding." -Thursday night as I had pasta two nights in a row...for the record, I not only fit in my dress, but I actually lost a pound or two last week...so HA.

"I like the other one better." -Wednesday night when I logged onto Melissa's Camera to show her the picture that made it into the show at Showcase. Everyone has their taste I guess....a couple people have said the same thing but I can't help what the judges picked.

I made it home without any hitches on Friday, waited around for one of my aunts (two aunts and granny arrived on friday for the wedding coming this weekend), then we ordered pizza and I beat granny in Wii golf (she plays real golf a couple times a week). After that I became a complete dork and started researching camera stuff for the big camera sale the next day that Carrie and I were going to.

Saturday I got up and Carrie picked me up at 8:45 for the KEH sidewalk sale. When we pulled up at like 5 till 9 it was already PACKED. I am not good at these kinds of sales when there are people everywhere rummaging and I am looking for something specific. I wanted a medium format camera and I had done all my research. I thought that they would have everything out that they had online (normally you can't go to this store, it is online only but they are moving so they were trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff). I didn't see any of the cameras I wanted but I did see a guy who had one....then again, everything was just thrown in boxes so I was probably better off not getting one at the sale and just ordering one online. I did serach through the lens cap box...Craig has this one nice lens that he is always losing the cap to and I could use some extras too...then I looked through all the filters...the old fashion way of photography since a lot of it you can do in photoshop. I am trying to get away from photoshop though so I dug around for some filters. I also found a grip for the camera that I was going to order. By the time I got done I could barely hold all the stuff. It would have cost a couple hundred dollars normally and was supposed to cost about 40-50 even at this sale but I got it all for $15! Love it. I was disappointed by the lack of Nikon lenses and stuff like that but I guess this was mostly just their junk they were trying to get rid of so it worked out. After we left there we stopped off to get my photograph framed for the show....they require a 3-4 inch mat all around the photo which means you can't get it in any standard frame...so the picture that I am displaying and will be on sale for $150 has now cost me $110. Whatever. I went home and bought the camera I was hoping to get at the sale...then I researched where the heck in Atlanta I could get the special film that it takes developed...turns out there are about three places in town and one is just down the road.

Then off to watch the game where I held either Ella (first half) or Emma (second half) the whole time....we barely won, which was scary. The rest of the day was football. Yesterday I slept in a little bit, edited some pics and then headed up to my mom's house to hang out with the fam. I played with my niece mostly. She is walking now and likes to be chased. She also wanted to be held a lot yesterday and who better to hold her than me? She knows I am a sucker so when people put her down she will cry a little and then look at me with her arms up...she knows I will pick her up...maybe it is good I don't see her all the time or she would be really spoiled :-) When I got home I finished up all the pics I had to edit and then I hooked up the Wii Fit...I only played on it for 4 mins cause it was midnight but now that I am all caught up with editing, I plan on playing with it tonight.

I think that I am getting sick...this is really bad timing so I am going to try to go and get something to stop it....wish me luck!

No comments: