Sunday, September 21, 2008

In a Funk....

I am in a funk and can't get out of it. I shouldn't complain really...my sister's wedding was fun, she looked awesome and she was so relaxed for the day (thank goodness after all that planning). I still feel in a funk.

I am still not feeling well at all..somehow the adrenaline got in me yesterday and I made it through the wedding (with a little dizziness before the ceremony that was solved by some sprite). I did have to cough a few times during it and I felt really bad about that but I held it as long as I possibly could!

Today was sort of cloudy and just blah so I think that contributed to my funk. I did get out and use my new camera so I am excited to get that film developed to see what I got. Sort of sucks that it is going to cost me $2 a picture to even find out if I got anything worth getting printed any bigger. I had a good time taking the pictures but I am still trying to figure out the settings that I need...not "auto" or green button on this camera...you have to set up everything manual. I like that aspect, but I think that it will be a little frustrating at first until I get good at it.

Lastly, I haven't talked to Craig in days really. I spent the night with my sister on Friday so that was a quick conversation and I talked to him briefly on my way home at midnight last night. He actually was part of those really bad storms from Hurricane Ike last weekend that left over a million people in the Ohio Valley without power. He has had power but he lost all the trees in his yard (including a couple big ones) so his Dad came in this weekend to help him clean them all up. He has been in his yard every night after work last week until dark cleaning it up and they spent all day yesterday and all day today doing the same thing. He said he has never been so tired, sore or thirsty in his whole life. This boy drinks like 20ozs of liquid a day, total and he said he had like 3 bottles of water, 2 cokes, and 3 lemonades today...he must be working hard. It just doesn't allow us to talk that much and you know when you are sick you want to be babied...or at least I do.

Since I am in a funk, I will have more about the wedding later when I am in a better mood. I hope I feel better soon cause I go to Canada on Tuesday and it is a lot of traveling. (like 6 hours of flying each way).

On the up side..all my cousins are huge Ohio State fans (even though they didn't go there) and it was nice to see UGA win last night!

5 comments:

m said...

Glad your sister's wedding went good! Hope you get out of the funk soon. It is hard when the weather is yucky.

Mollypants said...

Right there with ya, sister. And I'm not even in bad weather.

Mel said...

thanks guys..I think that I just hate being sick...and it has been almost a week now...makes me cranky!

Erin H. said...

I'm sorry you're still sick. We're still battling this nasty bug too. If yours is like what Dave got, you must feel miserable. Maybe with the sun today, the funk will lift!

Drena said...

Get better soon....btw, what was the mystery lady like with your dad?