Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend in Review

I can't believe it is Monday already and I should be back at work if it was any other weekend. Huh. This weekend has flown by but that is probably because we have done a lot! When I got here on Friday Craig wanted to take me to their downtown and show me the fountains that go off every hour on the hour, they were pretty and I got some pictures that I will post later. Then we waited around for a "laser" show that they do. It is nothing like the Stone Mtn one and was actually only about 5 songs long but it was stil cool.

Saturday we got up and I was so excited for the first football game. I took my shower and turned on Gameday..and it was in Atlanta...another reason that I am glad I made it out of the city this weekend..too much going on and with the construction on top of it all! Yikes. I had to drag Craig out of bed and hurry him along as he wanted to play with the cats and I was worried we would miss kickoff. We get to the bar and we are the only UGA fans there in a sea of Ohio State fans..YUCK. I can't stand Ohio State fans because they talk so much shit about how good they are and then they get their asses beat by SEC teams two years in a row in the National Championship. I swear, mark my words...if they go to the National Championship this year without being undefeated and absolutely demolishing everyone they play then I will NEVER watch the National Championship ever again unless Georgia is in it! When we first get to the bar there is this cool outside covered patio with all these TVs and people sitting in their red so I get excited and say...."hey, let's go sit with all the Georgia people" at which Craig points out that Ohio State is also read...darn it, he is right. So we wait and finally the other UGA people get there....then we have to figure out the TV situation. They had one TV they were going to show it one but then there is another TV in the corner where we could actually HEAR the game...after some negotiating we finally get the TV in the corner but the channel isn't right. I am getting upset that maybe we drove an hour for nothing and we aren't going to get to see the game. Not to mention the fact that I basically dragged Craig there (he was a really good sport but you know how you feel guilty with something doesn't work out when it was your suggestion to begin with?) FINALLY they get the right channel on and we have missed the opening drive (and UGA's debut) but we do get it in time to see the first touchdown scored! Go Dawgs! The people at the bar were really nice and it was fun to watch the game. We left in about the 4th quarter once they put in the 2nd or 3rd string and went to the Cincinnati Zoo. Craig loves animals as much as Drena so he is like a kid in a candy store. I took a couple shots there too that I will have to post.

Yesterday we were going to go and see my cousin and his new baby but it didn't work out so we just hung around and went to play putt-putt. I hadn't played in forever and wanted to go. It was pretty fun but I lost :-(

Today we don't have much planned...there is some soccer game on at 1:30 that Craig missed the other day because we went to see the Georgia game and it was on at the same time so we are going to watch that. He is mowing the lawn right now so I decided to get some work done while he works on that. (work as in photography business work).

Tomorrow is going to be a long day for me...I fly out of here at 6am and then when I get to Atlanta I have to drive to Statesville which is like 4 hours away and work all day (or the rest of the day). Then, I think that I might try to meet up with Meghan either Tuesday or Wednesday night if she has recovered from her weekend.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend..I can't wait until next weekend to go to my first game this season :-) And, if you live in another city, you should check out your alumni bar...I have been to a few in different cities and there is just something fun about watching the game with all the UGA fans...when Jenn and I went to the one in NYC they did the calling the dogs thing on every kickoff...you seriously wouldn't have known you weren't in Athens watching it.

1 comment:

m said...

Recovered, for the most part. You can come over either night whenever and then we can always go out for awhile when Matt gets home!