Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh Canada!

I finally got here...all flights on time..I think that is like 10 in a row now!

I expected it to be different here but it really is just like New England except everything is in French too and they use different money. There is not much here other than the downtown area. My hotel is nice....but it is a little strange that my "deck" door opens up to the indoor pool. Cool but also if I forget to close the curtains the people at the pool get a show.

It is COLD here!!!! I had on my winter jacket tonight and a scarf and was cold walking to dinner. We ate at Five Fishermen tonight. It was supposed to be the best seafood in town. It was good, but I wouldn't think that it would be the best. The creme brulee was REALLY good and I had a gooseberry with it! Funny, huh. The one thing that annoyed me about it was that the hostess that does that and the Little Fish restaurant told us that they were full until 8:30 (we got there at 7:45) but then the hostess from Five Fisherman said maybe 30 mins. We went to the bar and got a drink and it was a 5 min wait. Seemed like they were trying to be more special than they were. I think that tomorrow night the restaurant will be cool so I will let you know Drena. We walked by it tonight and it looked so cute that we decided to go there tomorrow. I know that you should definitely go to Peggy's Cove while here....Craig like it..I don't think that it is super special but it is the most photographed lighthouse in North America and he sold one of his photos of it for $300 so that might be why he liked it.

Not much else to report.....I am dreading tomorrow because I got up at 5am today and even though I slept on the plane on the way to Boston, I know I will be tired tomorrow cause I always am on the second day! I ate too much tonight (no need for dessert) so maybe I will just go to bed. First I need to look up how to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius because it is cold in my room and the temp control is Celsius and I don't remember from Australia what is warm.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

A quick way to convert C to F is to double it and add 30 (or if you're trying to go from F to C, subract 30 and divide by 2). It's not totally accurate, but it's close enough. Stay warm!

Mel said...

Thanks...I just cranked it up and I was toasty :-) It actually wasn't that cold here this morning and the guy that is here from the Canada Home Office walked by the water..I felt like a slacker!