Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Neverlost?

yeah so today was a little rough. I flew into NJ and am working here for the next two days. I am working just down the road from where my grandmother lives and where she has lived my whole life. So, why did I end up in the Holland Tunnel and then in downtown NYC today? Cell phone and calling my employee, that is how! I knew I had to get on the turnpike and go to exit 15W so when I was on the phone (illegal here by the way) and looking at the sign and saw exits 14A, 14B, and 14C I thought that I should go that way. Then I noticed that I am getting closer and closer to the city and that there are lots of signs for the Holland Tunnel. Hmm, that doesn't seem right. Call the location and she tells me she thinks that I have to go past the Holland Tunnel...this definitely doesn't sound right since that dumps you out in NYC. Hmmm, so I figured I will turn around, go to get on the turnpike and I am on a one way street with no way out but the Holland Tunnel...oops! Then I am downtown with no idea how to get back in the tunnel...the location is no help. She tells me to find someone who knows...great idea...where? There is all kinds of construction. I call my aunt who lives in NYC, no answer. I call my uncle's cell who lives there, no answer. I call Craig to look on a map, no answer. Finally my mom answers (all illegal since you have to use speaker phone here while driving). She is helping me as my uncle calls back and I finally get back to the tunnel. Then going back down the turnpike the numbers are counting down again...what? I need them to go up....call my uncle again. Need to be on a different road going North...see the road, can't make the split across 4 lanes of traffic so get on going South...oops. Can't turn around cause roads suck here so end up going like 20mins out of my way. By the time I got to the location it had taken me an hour and a half for what should have taken 30 mins...yikes!

Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of September 11th. I sort of forgot but seeing as how all the stations here are NYC stations there is a lot of news about it! Still very sad!

I am happy that I was able to "steal" internet from Granny's next door neighbor though. I know, not ethical!

No comments: