Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Business is booming

So, I found out more about the layoffs and it really had nothing to do with the economy so I feel good about that now...the flip side of it is that some things were not being done correctly and guess whose group gets to clean that up?? Mine! And, they don't want my staff to do it, they want me to do it....I guess that is job security. They want it done by the end of the year but I just don't see that happening....it is a lot to clean up with only a few weeks to go....we will see.

Photography is going AWESOME. I haven't been too busy as far as time taking photos but my new pricing structure definitely changed my clients and I just got my biggest order ever! Very excited about that. This weekend is my Holiday card special so hopefully people will need to send out lots of cards (and like the pictures).

I realized that I never finished up on the whole Dayton thing....so here is the scoop, which I think that most of you know by now, but anyway..
I am going to move to Dayton in March..I know, it seems far away but not really. I wanted to finish out the holidays here and honestly, you can't drive a moving truck through the KY mountains in the winter (Jan/Feb) and I go to Greece at the end of Feb. The plan is to move when I get back from Greece. I decided to get my own place for 6 months because we have never lived in the same town and I don't want to put undue stress on us. We are going to look at apartments over Thanksgiving (which I spent my morning making appointments for) and I am very excited! It is amazing how at peace I felt with it all after making the decision, so thanks everyone who listened to me and Meghan for putting it all in perspective. It is nice to have a countdown date too...makes it not as hard to be away. I didn't say anything for a while because I didn't want to jinx it. I am still a little worried about the job aspect. I really love what I do and I feel like now is a bad time to rock the boat but I am going to talk to my boss about it at my year end review. Hopefully it will go well, and I will find an apartment and even though I will miss you all, I am ready for the next step in my life.

4 comments:

Drena said...

Good, I think you need to go and come back to visit often. :)

Mel said...

yeah, that is the plan...I just am nervous about the job part and only really cause the economy is bad and I like my job! There are jobs there now though, I looked yesterday, so I am going.....

Carrie Davis said...

:( I'll be sad to see you go, but completely understand. I think it is great that you are making the leap. Hopefully the job situation will work out. If not, you can always do photography! Glad to hear business is booming.

Mel said...

yeah, I will be sad to go but I know it is the right thing to do and I will be happy there...it will be hard to be away from everyone though.

Yeah, photography is good, but not THAT good :-)