Sunday, November 23, 2008

Busy Weekend

I can't believe that in 48 hours I will be in Ohio. I haven't packed or done anything. And, what am I doing instead of packing? Watching TV and knitting, of course. UGH. I will get it done tomorrow.

Yesterday I did my first actual shooting on my own at a wedding. I was really nervous but I think that it went well. The major pictures I was in charge of were the bouquet/garter toss and them leaving, plus the dancing. I will see what the photographer I work with says when he sees them.

Here is what I spent an hour doing last night instead of packing....sad, I know. These little things were harder to make than the directions implied. The cookies broke easily (I used the low fat ones). A couple tips...use dark icing instead of white to put them together so they blend in better and cut the tip off of the candy corn because it will stick to the oreo better. My family seemed to like them today when we did Thanksgiving with my Dad. They are a little sloppy though and I decided not to do eyes on them. I am going to try to finish the rest of them tomorrow ...after I pack...so I can take them to Ohio with me....

I also started working on my pictures from Atlanta. Tonight I went and did one of the Atlanta skyline...once I get them off my camera I will post one.
Today we did Thanksgiving with my dad...and I made the turkey. This meant that I got up at 6am to put him in the oven...luckily I went back to sleep after that. The top picture plus these two are from my Dad's.
Here is Ariyana playing our fun new game....she liked to have that on her face and walk around and laugh...I put it on there just playing with her but every time she would lift her chin it would fall off, she would pick it up and run back over to me with her face out for me to put it back on there. I wish I was so easily entertained.

She does this face now...it is so funny and we have no idea why she does it but she continues to do it because we laugh at her every time :-) Alyson doesn't like it but I think that it is cute. See her little teeth? She has 7 now!!! She got 3 new ones since I had her last. Luckily for my sister she doesn't really act any different and there is just a new tooth there....don't all you moms wish it was that easy?

4 comments:

Drena said...

she's a cutie! I think the turkey oreos turned out cute....good job!

Shaye said...

Sorry that the turkeys were harder than you thought. They look really cute though. I'm impressed. I couldn't find any stinkin' candy corn!

Mel said...

Maybe hard wasn't a good word. they were hard to keep neat!

Candy corn was at Target in the jelly bean section where you scope your own and pay by weight.

m said...

She's is too cute! Caroline has the same dress!!!!!