Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I pulled a Molly

Sorry Molly, you know I love you, but this is totally something that you would do!!

On Wednesdays I have a routine at lunch. First I go to spin class, take a shower, go up to our cafe for yummy made to order pasta and then go upstairs and eat it at my desk. Since I go straight from the gym to the cafe, I have to bring my wallet to the gym. Normally when I get back to my office, I stick my wallet back in my purse. You can probably see where this is going.

So, as mentioned in the previous post, I needed a hair dryer. While I was at Target I decided to pick up the remaining ingredients I needed for the food I am making for Drena's shower, some things I needed anyway and then saw that some of the Thanksgiving stuff was on sale (side note: Today I told Craig what I was going to make for Thanksgiving and left off gravy completely by accident. He replied "are you going to try gravy again this year?" HAHAHA So, in case my new plan fails, I got a jar of turkey gravy at Target so either way, I am set. End side note) so I got some of that since I will be getting to Dayton the day before Thanksgiving and I like to have the stuff I like, you know. Go to the cash register to check out and go to get my wallet as she is ringing me up...yep, you guess it, still in the gym bag at work (I only change out the clothes every day and just leave all the shower stuff and shoes in there). Hmmm, I remembered that I had my checkbook in my computer bag in the car so I asked her if I could write a check. On my way to the car I realized that she is probably going to need my DL# and I don't know it. Awesome. BUT, I remember that I have my credit card number memorized. I go back in and tell her I know the credit card number or I can write the check (I have $100 worth of stuff by the way). She says it is fine to write a check. She puts it in the screen....and it asks for DL#. Problem. I know some of the numbers so I ask her how many are in the whole number thinking that I know most so maybe I can remember the other one. She is not from here and says she has no idea. I tell her again that I can use the credit card so she tries that. Then we get to the end and because it was hand entered she has to call over a manager to put in a pin to approve it. We were both worried that she would ask for the card but she didn't. On the one hand, not very good internal controls or security but on the other hand, I am so glad that I didn't have to put everything back and in my defense, I did have my work badge with my name and picture on it.

My day is providing lots of entertainment for you guys :-)

Oh, and one other thing...one of the new loft places in Dayton (they are renovating a factory) emailed me back and said they would be happy to show me a place but they hadn't started construction yet and would not be available for 14 months.....odd that the website says Spring 09. Reminds me of when H&M was supposed to come in Spring 08 and it was really like June or July...except this was on a much worse scale.

6 comments:

m said...

Glad you got it worked out. I did that one time at the grocery (post kids so full cart!). Apparently it happens regularly because she acted like no big deal and said they would just put it in the fridge in back and I went home to get my wallet. Not fun, but better then reshopping everything...

Mel said...

yeah, this lady told me it happened all the time but I had never had it happen.....and yes, VERY glad I didn't have to reshop it all!

Rebecca said...

Yay for gravy in a jar!!! :) Glad you were able to work the shopping out too.

Drena said...

Wow, lots happening for you. Maybe that splinter caused you to have a brain fart. :)

Mollypants said...

um, I may have done it ONCE, and I never live it down! Everyone else does it and it's still a "molly" thing to do?!? And by the way, I have yet to do it with a full cart...just with an empty tank!

Mel said...

:-), I said I still loved you Molly but you were the first person I thought of when it happened....I had no idea that it was so common.