Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Safe in Ohio

I made it here safely. I was really ready to be here by time I got here though. My boss left work around 12:15 so I left around 12:30 and was on the road at 12:45. I didn't hit ANY traffic anywhere...it was amazing. Atlanta always seems to have traffic on 285 and Cincinnati is sort of the same way for some reason but no traffic at either place....YAY!

On the way here I did see 5 car accidents, 10 cops, one car on fire, and one sign in the gas station/Burger King that read:

Lost Engagement Ring
1/4 ct Marquis Cut
$100 reward

I also spent 2.5 hours on the phone with my employees doing performance reviews and completed about 2.5 CDs of the book Lost and Found. I didn't look anything up about it before I got it, just picked it up at Borders because it was only $2.99. It is not bad at all...tends to have a lot of topics related to being gay...sort of. It is written pretty well, and I like that each chapter is by a different character (and the lady reading it does different voices). I will let you know if is worth a read (or listen) when I am done with it but so far, so good.

Today Craig had to work so I am here working and then going to look at two apartment buildings by myself since they aren't open this weekend.. The Landing and First Place which are both downtown. I am still trying to decide whether I want to live downtown or over near the mall/target shopping areas. Then last night Craig brought up a place that is near a park...sort of like where I am now. They have an amplitheatre at the park where they have concerts....last year there was Willie Nelson, Backstreet Boys, Flock of Seagulls and some other people that I can't remember. That might be a good place for me too. I am just going to try to look at all these places and then narrow it down. They don't seem to be much different in price but they are sometimes in the size you get for that price.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I'm glad you made it safely! I hope apartment hunting goes well for you today! :)