Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cranky

I think that I am cranky today. Not really cranky but just a little bit....maybe easily annoyed is a good way to describe it. Today Dudley and I had a personal training session and the traffic was so horrendous that it took me over an hour to go about 10 miles. I was late and annoyed. Luckily it worked out and I didn't miss too much. Ran another mile...not quite as fast as the other day but still a decent time. As I was running I was thinking that maybe I wanted to work on my mile time so that I could reliably get a good time and then once I got there maybe I would add miles and try to keep the same pace, but we will see. The traffic had me already cranky (the #1 thing I will not miss about Atlanta) and then we had to get weighed and do our body fat percentage at the gym. That certainly didn't help. I swear that I am just the type of person who has to really pay attention to everything I eat if I want to get the body fat down. I just hate being like that, I hate watching everything I eat and I know that it is not something I want to do the rest of my life. I have tried to pay attention to what it is that I do so wrong. I mean, I like to cook, don't eat tons of processed foods, and don't really snack (other than string cheese or some light popcorn or dried fruit) and I work out 4 times a week where I burn about 400 calories per session. Usually when I am in town I am pretty good but it still seems like I have to pay attention to everything if I actually want to lower the body fat. I also tried to figure out if I am one of those emotional eaters....you know how they always talk about that, but I don't think that I really am. I mean sometimes when I am upset I don't eat anything and sometimes I do....there doesn't seem to be a pattern or anything that is not normal. I do eat sometimes when I am not hungry. It is mainly at night. I use the excuse that if I don't eat something then I will be starving by the morning. I guess that isn't really an excuse but more of a reality. Maybe I just need to find something different or less to eat. I also tend to eat all my food when sometimes I am full before it is all gone. Other than those two things, I can't really figure out what I do wrong. Not that I think that I am fat or anything but I do have a really high body fat percentage that I would like to lower. If anyone has an realistic ideas, let me know. I am not into doing any sort of weird no carbs, no sugar, only eat green foods sort of diets. I think that maybe I will really make an effort not to eat processed stuff (sometimes I have lean cuisines for lunch) and try to eat more veggies and stuff. I know that will be hard when I start traveling again but maybe I can form some good habits now. I might not be traveling again for a little while anyway.

I am glad that tomorrow is Friday! I don't have too much going on this weekend....helping shoot a wedding on Saturday during the day and then doing Thanksgiving with my sisters, hubbies and my Dad on Sunday. I also think that I earned good points last time I got Ariyana so I *think* that I scheduled another date with her in December. My sister said she didnt think that they had anything that day so hopefully I will get her and for longer this time!!!

3 comments:

Drena said...

Here is what I know from watching what Adam eats:
-frequent, small meals
-protein at every meal
-watch sweets
-watch carbs

He doesn't do no carbs and no sweets, but he definitely doesn't order pasta dishes or things like that. He will eat a sandwich on wheat or sourdough. He snacks on beef jerky, protein bars, sugar free pop sicles, cheese, etc.

Good luck! I too struggle with watching what I eat. It's hard and I don't like doing it, but I've learned from watching him that super in shape people do watch it most all the time.

Drena said...

I told Adam a little about this and he also said to tell you if you are going to have carbs/sugar to have them before noon or after a heavy weight work out when your body has time to burn them or needs them to recover. He also said there is a lot of misinformation out there about working out and nutrition and he would be happy to help/answer any questions that you have. Just putting it out there for you as a resource. He was very skinny when we first started dating and I've watched him learn a lot about nutrition and working out and how he has managed to put on a good amount of muscle without the fat.

Mel said...

Tell Adam to sign me up! I have been really good today and without even knowing it, I follow his suggestion below....for dinner I had chicken and veggies, not pasta like I normally would :-) I just need something that is normal cause I have a hard time cutting out food groups!