Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Too Quiet

I know that most of you don't have this problem because you either work from home, stay at home with kids, are teachers or some other sort of profession where you don't have this issue but I am lonely today. There are only a few people on my hall at work anyway...most of the offices around me are either empty or the people travel like I normally do. Today my boss is at an offsite meeting, the girls who sit next to me and across from me are both home with sick kids I am sure. I wish I could say I had a sick kid at home so I could do work from home (I don't actually want a sick kid because that doesn't sound fun and I would feel bad for them the whole time they weren't feeling well). Sometimes when it is too quiet I find that I have a hard time concentrating so I have to take little breaks. I was trying to think of what I could do today to break it up. Spin class with be good, it is pasta day in the cafe..yummy, I did just book hotels and flights in Greece (cheaply I might add) so I could look up things to do there, figure out what I am going to get people for xmas, maybe buy some things online for xmas. Hmmm, not sure what else but this took up a minute or too. Back to work...at least I am working on something that I like.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am with you! The group I am in now is in a location of the building that is SOOOO quiet! And I don't sit anywhere near the rest of my group. The cubes on either side of me are both empty. The lady who sits in the one across the aisle from me is out on maternity leave (possibly for 6 months...she left beginning of October, and is planning to take another 12 weeks starting in January). The cube next to her is empty...so quiet! I don't know what to do with myself. Today I have paid some bills online, filled out some paperwork to file for reimbursement from my healthcare spending account, and I'm sure before the day is over I'll look up something related to Disneyworld for our upcoming trip.

Meredith said...

Can you listen to some music while you work? Sometimes that helps me to work on those days when the kids aren't there...

Mel said...

I always listen to music but it is still too quiet. I was actually able to get quite a bit done today surprisingly! Hopefully people will be back tomorrow...I can't believe that this week is almost over!