Thursday, November 13, 2008

A mile is a mile is a mile

No funny stories for you today....feeling a little stressed today...being an adult is hard sometimes. I have tons of projects that people all want done by year end but they are all hard, and since they don't want my staff to do them, I have to do them.....which means I have to shift some work to my staff but they have a ton of stuff to do too so now I have to have a talk with them about being efficient and maybe working a few extra hours..that is an awkward phone conversation. If they were in Atlanta then they would hopefully just see me working late and take the hint but there isn't that on the road so I have to actually mention it. I also have to do their raises and year end reviews soon and all that comes with that, and I am supposed to have vacation coming up and Craig is actually going to come here for the whole week!!

On the up side and to go with the title of this post...I went to the personal trainer today and after all the stuff we did (including a 10 min warm up light jog and lots of weights and squats) I had to run a timed mile...he wanted me to do it in under 10 mins....I had my doubts because I have always run around a 10 min mile when I did long runs and it has been forever since I have run at all....I tried my best and walked for about 10 seconds two or three times to catch my breath and when I finished he said I did in 8:55! That is great for me (though I know a lot of you probably run faster). I was very happy with myself and it made me happy....it is all about the little things.

Now I am deciding whether I want to enter all my financial stuff into my accounting software to make my taxes easier in a few months or if I want to work on a hat that I am making...hmmmmm.

No comments: