Monday, November 3, 2008

Hard to Concentrate and Time with Ariyana

I am having a hard time concentrating today...I have read WAY too many articles about the stupid election and whether I will spend all day on line tomorrow. I didn't pre-vote because my precinct is small and I thought I would have a better chance tomorrow than the pre-voting with everyone from the whole county. We shall see. I thought about taking my camera to document the long lines but then I felt a little weird. I always do that...I think that if I take my camera somewhere then everyon around me will suddenly be looking right at me and wondering why I am taking a picture...I get so shy. I am sure they could care less. We always see all those photos from long lines for other things in history and I just thought it would be cool to document it here...not sure I am so good at that type of photography though. We will see....I hope my line isn't that long and there is nothing to document!

I am already counting down to this Saturday...why you might ask? Well, let me tell you...I am going to get to have Ariyana all day on Saturday. I am very excited about it...though so does know that she has me wrapped around her little finger so who knows how that could turn out. My sister is going to meet me so I can get her on Saturday morning and then I am going to return her on Saturday night :-) I have been trying to spend a whole day with her for a while now but it just never seems to work out and I never seem to have a weekend day free. I was supposed to go to Kentucky this weekend to see Craig and the game but I never got tickets (though I am sure they are cheap now) and I have been gone the last 3 weekends so I don't feel like I ever have time to get anything done so I am going to stay here. I am sad about not seeing Craig but at least I will see him 3 weeks from tomorrow when I go there for Thanksgiving...which brings me back to the gravy problem. I get along great with his mom and all but she definitely likes to spoil Craig...and anything he wants he gets (though he doesn't really ask for anything anymore but since she knows that he liked certain foods when he was younger, she will still make them for Thanksgiving). I ran into this last year because she makes this fruit salad that seems pretty nasty to me, but he likes it so she sent me the recipe and pretty much told me that I had to make it for him (nicely but that was the jist). I also asked for the gravy recipe. I succeeded on the fruit concoction but not so much on the gravy. Maybe it is all in my head but I think that secretly she was relieved that I couldn't do it....I am the only one who has tried to make him Thanksgiving besides her so I think that she was a little sad that I would take over and maybe a little happy when I couldn't do it...not in any sort of mean way at all, but sort of like when those of you talk about how sad you are that your babies are growing up...that sort of sad. So, now I feel even more like I have to do it this year...ugh. I really think that the main problem last year was that our turkey didn't have enough juices because he was lean....so, back to the drawing board..I do think that I will get a jar of it just in case though. Thanks for the recipes!

4 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

I'm excited to see Ariyana on Saturday! I can't help with the gravy thing..I don't really like it.

Drena said...

Are you going to Dudley's now? :)

Take your camera. I read on facebook that you can get a donut from krispy kreme and something from starbucks as a voter. I'm going to check it out. Wow, starbucks, krispy kreme, and ben and Jerry's in one day. I am going to get a cavity if I partake in all. :)

Btw, I didn't vote early either so I'm hoping people will pity the 8 month pregnant lady and let me pass.

Mel said...

Yeah, going to dudleys and it is actually illegal in ga for them to give stuff only to voters but since we won't get in trouble and just the companies could, I need to find a ben and jerry's!!! Any of you who already voted, they have to give it to everyone by law here :-)

Mel said...

Carrie, Ariyana is excited to meet you and Charlotte too! Charlotte outweighs her by a few pounds after seeing her stats yesterday but I assure you we feed Ariyana!!! I am really excited to spend the day with her and I hope that those babysitting skills from when I was a teenager come back!!