Thursday, November 20, 2008

This helped...

The other night a couple of us where talking about how funny it is when people come out of the wordwork on Facebook. Well, today I got a friend request from the girl who lived up the street from my Grandma in NJ when I was little. We used to play all the time when I visited my Grandma...I was actually at her house on NYE in 1989 when my Grandfather passed away and I got the call from my mom. We were penpals when there were still penpals! I think that it will be cool to see how she is doing and what she is up to these days. It helped to cheer me up :-)

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

Ha...yeah I found a girl on facebook who I was friends with in 7th grade and then she moved to Texas and I never heard from her again...20 years later, just found her right on there. Kinda weird.

Rebecca said...

I had a similar one...a girl I went to summer camp with for 5 years found me on facebook a little while ago. She lived in FL, and after our last year at camp, we wrote a few letters but then kind of lost touch. I was so excited when she found me. She always cracked me up (she had this weird infatuation with Mick Jagger...I mentioned that, and apparently she is stilla fan!) :)