Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The decluttering of Melissa

First, I wanted to tell you guys that I watched the movie "W" tonight. It is about Bush's life. I am not sure how much of it is true but it really made me want to learn a lot more about him. I would love for some of you who know more about him to let me know how much is true. I know that is got good reviews from conservatives so I wonder if it is close to the truth. I watched it off the internet (you can decide whether that is good ethics or not) cause Craig said it was a really good movie. Here is the link if any of you feel like watching it. It is in two segments and I don't think that you have to download anything.

So, lately I have been trying to declutter my life...mainly my closets. It has been so nice!! I cleaned out all my drawers (at least the ones with clothes in them). I have cleaned out other clothes and shoes. I got my stuff at my mom's house all cleaned out. I am now working on my pantry :-) I am one of those people who will buy food on sale....and there is always something on sale. So, now I have all this food that doesn't really go bad for a really long time and it is just sitting in my pantry. I also buy meat on sale and put it in my freezer...that is also full. I am actually starting to wonder if I will be able to eat all of this before I move. I have decided to try. I think that I have always been one of those people who just live in clutter. My mom is the same way, but lately I have been in the mood to clean, clean, clean and it has felt good. Now, if you stop by my place don't expect it to sparkle like some of your places, but if I let you look in the closets that no one was ever allowed to see or to look in the drawers that I no longer have to force shut because there are too many clothes in them, you would definitely see a difference. I am really hoping that this trend continues.

In sad news, and this has me a little worried....my senior, who moved to be with her boyfriend, broke up this weekend. I know that they had a rocky relationship and stuff but the fact that she moved to be with him and it didn't work out kind of hits close to home. They probably started dating around the same time that Craig and I did. I don't know a ton about their relationship and I am sure that everyone is different but a little part of me is a little scared. It is just a really little part though. For the most part, I am extremely happy about my move (other than the missing people here part). I feel like I am ready to start my next chapter....maybe the decluttering is part of that too...who knows.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I had to laugh at the part where you talked about your place probably doesn't sparkle like some of our places. I know you are not talking about my place!! I get so excited the day the cleaning lady comes, because for a few hours, the house actually DOES sparkle. Then the kids come home...

Mel said...

At least you have the excuse of kids...it is just me :-)

m said...

Yes, my house only sparkles for about two or three hours after the cleaning lady is here. It really just depends on how long Beta and the kids sleep.

Your senior's relationship has nothing to do with yours. Do not even let it enter your radar!

Mel said...

Yeah, I told Craig that my senior and her BF that she moved to be with broke up and ask him what if that happened to us...to which he said "I don't think that is going to happen" to which I replied "she probably didn't either" then he sent me some links to houses in Dayton :-)