Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Disappointment...

I just wanted to comment that I feel disappointed in some people who feel like that have to attack their friends because they have different believes. In all honesty, it sort of hurts my feelings and I want you all to know that just because I don't agree with you on "issues", that doesn't mean I would ever degrade you or not value your opinion. I don't think that I understand it and it makes those people sound really close minded. Even if you aren't happy that he is the President, can't you give him a chance? The majority of the country did think that he was the right one and if he isn't then you will get to slap a big fat "told you so" on us in 4 years. It just makes me sad that people take things so personally and feel the need to be so rude about it. Hopefully none of you were "that" person today (surely not, right?). Sorry to vent!

And, yes, even I can agree that some of the stuff they showed today was completely unnecessary but isn't 90% of news these days, no matter what they are covering? Do we need "Stormwatch 2009" for 3 snowflakes?

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

i'm not sure what happened to you today...but I'm sorry that it did! Politics is a touchy subject.

Rebecca said...

Hopefully my comment on your previous post didn't cause you to think that I was "that" person! I think we were making the same point, that it's hard for anybody, and it IS nice to see that he's not perfect and he is human like the rest of us. People need to realize that even the most poised people can crack under pressure. I did not vote for Obama, but I am of the mindset that he is our president now, and it doesn't do any good to sit & pout about him getting elected. It's done, and we have to move on, and hope that he can live up to what he has promised. I think it is also up to everyone to support him so that he CAN succeed - nobody wants to sit in a crappy economy and endless war forever.

Mel said...

I agree Rebecca. There will never be a time when everyone is happy with the President so the best thing that people can do is to try to find things that they DO agree with whoever is President on. Focus on the positive since there isn't much you can do about the negative. I think some people have a harder time with than others because they are so passionate about their party (on both sides). I think that for me it is a little easier because I am not far right or left so I can see good in both parties but just have a little more in common with the Democrats.