Friday, January 9, 2009

Smell Update and Projects, Projects, Projects.

To update all of you on the helpful hints with my smell. When I came home today it was a lot less noticeable than yesterday. I assure you that everything is spotless....garbage out, garbage disposal all clean and freshened with one of those garbage disposal balls that smells like orange and everything so I know it is just the smells from my cooking (I have cooked dinner every night this week and made eggs every morning) and the lack of air circulation. So, I remembered that when I moved in there was a slight smoke smell here and I bought a little fan that you plug in and it sits right on the plug and freshens the air so I plugged that in this morning and it seemed to help. I have also been running the oven vent fan since I got home and the fact that the heat probably ran today (and I know it has tonight) has all helped. Hopefully it will be gone soon! I am not cooking tomorrow so the clients won't have to worry about smelling it.

Today I went and did another shoot for the family whose session went so bad right before Christmas. They still ordered a lot from that session but I felt so bad. Today I went at lunch and did some more at their house and then at a nearby part. Noon is not the best time for outdoor pictures but I think that they turned out pretty well. I remember thinking as I was taking them that I was going to use one for my NLP325 today....I just haven't uploaded it yet.

I have been working on my blanket, my natural light project and just other random projects that I really enjoy doing lately. I used all of this to fill the time that was voided by my photography business as I took a much needed break. This weekend that break will end. I have 4 sessions on Saturday and then the one from today that will all need to be edited and I am leaving mid-day on Sunday for Arizona. I am ready to get back into the photog biz but I am sad to have to put my other projects on hold. I am free again next weekend though because I didn't really have that many clients with January appts. I think that I did 75% of my clients in Nov and Dec :-) I guess one week will not be that bad....plus, I don't really do any editing anymore so it takes a lot less time.

The Natural Light 325 Project is going really well! People are participating and taking cool shots...you guys that don't participate should check it out! This Sunday we start with themes for each week and there have been some good ideas by Carrie and Molly in our little discussion area so I am excited to start those. I think that it will be fun to keep the project up all year, especially once I move...it is a good way to still "see" people and things here :-)

I am tired and I need to go to bed...Dudley talked me into letting her give me that darn Twilight book that everyone is raving about. I tend to revolt against a book that everyone loves...I hold on for a while. I did it with Harry Potter too...but usually when I give in I like it just as much as everyone else. I have only read one chapter of the Twilight book and so far I am not addicted but we will see.......

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Just wait... Wait until she meets Edward... it gradually gets more and more addicting! BUT wait for DVD to watch the movie... or just skip it all together... it was kinda lame.

Shaye said...

Oh you WILL be!!! I read the damn thing in one day! Edward is addicting!

m said...

Still not on that train. Thinking I am going to start Mary today. Historical fiction on Mary Lincoln. Not sure, but thought it could be a could one to restart reading actual books!