Monday, January 5, 2009

Photography Project

Still working on my Atlanta pictures...thought of a few that I want to get:
Fox sign
Coke Sign
Underground sign
capital building
olympic park and fountains
good one of stone mtn
Varsity sign
Skyline (sort of have one of these that I like too)
Turner Field (not sure from inside or outside yet)
Dome
Philips Arena (I like how is says Philips Arena on the side)
5-6 signs of different streets with "Peachtree" in them....I can get three of them within a block of my house...how sad
Piedmont Park sign
View of Midtown from Piedmont Park
High Museum
Traffic on 85
17th street bridge (though I sort of have one that I really like of that bridge)
Would love to get either a creative shot of the highway signs here (cause we have so many and I spend so much time sitting on them) or of spagetti junction...not sure on this one though.


Anymore ideas?

Also, for my Natural Light Project, and since I don't have pets or kids (which everyone else has at least one of :() I was thinking that maybe the group would want to do themes once in a while to help spark creativity....any themes that you guys can think of? If you are in the group, check out the "discussions" part of the group and let me know if you have any ideas, we could do a theme one day a week, all week, or just random (like 7 sins, 12 days of Christmas, things like that). Any ideas you guys have would be great though!!

Ok, I need to stop posting today!!!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

NO creative ideas right now, but just one question...are we each supposed to ultimately post 325 pictures, or is the goal to have a collective 325 with contributions from each member? I guess if it's the first one, then I need to get cracking! My problem is that it's getting dark by the time I get home (right now anyway - once the clocks change, that won't be the case). That does not make for good natural light photos. I think maybe we need more lamps in our living room - that might help. Our crappy ceiling fan light just doesn't do it. Anyway, random thought.

Mel said...

The point is for each of us to have 325 pictures for the year....that means you get 40 days off :-) I feel your pain, it is pretty dark when I leave and dark when I get home...it is a good time for you to practice in low light though...bump up your ISO really high or set the camera down so you don't have to hold it. Get close to light sources and see what you can do with them. The group is so we can all learn from each other so they don't have to be perfect..if you start posting then people with more experience can give you specific pointers. It always seems easy to make your own mistakes and have people correct them then to look at other people's mistakes.

I understand though cause I have the same problem...I didn't get home until 7:30 last night...DARK!

Rebecca said...

Aaahhh! So I've already wasted 5 days? I only have 35 days left to slack?? Eek! Mine may be more like 300...or 250...I'll try to work on it SOON - I promise! I did take some over the weekend without my flash, but my problem is that now I can't remember what settings I used (I played around with some different stuff). I guess there's no way to check settings once you've taken the picture? I will be home early today after Liam's appointment - maybe I can take some of him before everyone else gets home.

Mel said...

Actually, yes, there is...if you upload them to Flickr then click on the picture, under the type of camera used is a "more properties" link and when you click that it will tell you all the properties or you can just post them and I can go look for you and put in the data.

Yeah, I added themes to the site and next week is Night scenes so that should at least help with the darkness....

Rebecca said...

Is it against the rules to use a picture previously taken? Or does the picture have to be taken on the day it was posted? Now that I know there is a way to get the settings after the fact, I have lots I can pick from...if we're allowed to use "old" photos (and by "old", I'm talking like, last month - so still relatively recent)

Mel said...

Well, the idea is to post pictures from this year and on a day that was after the project started so you can see how well you did over the year and so you can post pictures, gert advice and then try to improve...having said that though, I think that it is ok if the first few are from a month ago. Once you get some feedback, I would encourage you to take current pics so you can apply it.

Rebecca said...

I will definitely do that - just thought it might help me get started if I could post a few I've already taken. Thanks!