Thursday, January 15, 2009

Unnecessarily Scared

Ok, I am sure that everyone has heard of the US Airways plane that went down in the Hudson River today...and if not, here you go.

Now, I fly A TON, and even after September 11th, I wasn't scared to fly, but for some reason this crash freaks me out a little bit. I don't know why. Everyone got off the plane, it landed and it wasn't a firey mess but for some reason it just freaks me out. I hope that I am not nervous tomorrow when I get on my flight. A 3 hour flight nervous is not fun.

Today I worked out of my hotel room. I was surprisingly productive but it was a little lonely. This weekend I don't really have that many plans and from what I hear, it is going to be cold in Atlanta, so it is probably just as good. I hope that I can clean out some drawers, my closet and some random storage boxes. I also hope to get my pictures updated and some crocheting in. I thought that I would finish my blanket here this week but I haven't had time to work on it at all. Maybe later tonight.

Anyway, hopefully the flight will go smooth tomorrow, I am sure it will...this only happens once every who knows when, right????

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I will definitely pray for a safe flight for you and for a calming peace for you!

Carrie Davis said...

Wow, this is the first I've heard of it. You will be just fine. :) I think of it this way...this stuff happens every once in a blue moon - so, since we weren't on the plane today, we're safe til the next blue moon.

Mel said...

Thanks guys, I know I shouldn't be worried...I don't know why I am...and I am like you Carrie, it only happens once in a blue moon. I just think that it will be all I hear about tomorrow and I dread that part too.

Rebecca said...

I don't blame you for being scared. I flew on the 1st anniversary of Sep 11 and was FREAKED OUT. But it was fine - probably one of the safest places to be that day! You will be fine tomorrow too - keep a cool head and try to think of something else...like finishing your blanket so you can cuddle up in it to stay warm!

m said...

You should be fine! Matt flew on the red eye from LA last night on US Airways and said no one said anything about it. The only difference was the news crews at the airport here. So hopefully you will not have to hear too much about it!