Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Homesick

I am a little homesick...not that I really have anything to go home to or anything but I am a little homesick for my routine. This job has been pretty stressful and even though the girl that I am working with is a sweetheart, she is intense and I had to spend my whole week defending my opinion on everything with the client (to which he would always agree with after making me jump through hoops). It was just tiring. The mornings were pretty cool because I could get up at 7 and it felt like 9 which meant that I worked out every day this week....that was good. I was also careful not to stuff myself every night so that was good. I just think that I had been in town for so long that I got into a routine and coming here sort of jerked me out of it. When I used to travel all the time that was my routine. I knew I would always have a long Monday and it would make me tired on Tuesday and I knew that I would travel every Friday. I also knew that I would have lots of hours in a hotel room to edit because I had no one to go to dinner with. This time was different. I still had 4 sessions that I needed to edit but I also had someone to go to dinner with and a 30 min drive to and from work every day. It is also hard to talk to Craig with the time difference and I miss him :-(

On a happy note, more good news for Greece....we leave 6 weeks from Friday and I called the Marriott there that we are staying in for the first two and last two days of the trip to ask if they would hold luggage. The Greek airlines only let you check a 30lb bag and carry on 17 pounds which is hard to do for an international trip. We all decided that we would leave a bag with nothing valueable at the hotel if they would let us....so I bought a cheap phone card and called them. The conversation went like this:

Hotel Lady: something in Greek that I didn't understand
Me: Does anyone speak English (I figured they did but I didn't want to be an ahole American who assumed)
Her: Yes, everyone, what can I help you with?
I explained and she told me that they did that. I wasn't 100% sure so I called back at a different time...I just wanted to be double sure because it would suck if I got over there and had to pay a ton on Greek airlines because my bag weighed too much....the next time it went like this:

Hotel Lady: Greek intro
Me: Do you speak English?
Her: Yes, of course...

Note to self....all the Marriott people in Greece speak English and don't like you to ask if they do :-)

Oh well, at least I don't have to leave camera equipment that I want to take at home :-)

Tomorrow night I am visiting with my aunt who lives here....hopefully that will be fun!

2 comments:

Drena said...

Your week is almost over!! Plans for the weekend?

Mel said...

The only plans I have for the weekend are on Sunday...going to my mom's to clean out some of my stuff from high school...yes, long time ago and then a movie with Dudley and Morgan, nothing other than that though....